Chapter One - The Past & The Present

Chapter one - The Past & The Present

BANG, BANG, BANG

"OPEN THE DOOR" the man's voice roared from the other side of the door as he continued to bang the door down to my room. Me being my eleven year old self was curled up on the other side of the room rocking back and forth trying desperately to block out the voices of my parents and baby twin brother and sister, screaming, crying for help.

The door swung open with a loud thud and I began screaming too. A man, if you even wanted to call it that, stood in my bedroom doorway. The light of the fire burning behind him giving his face a whole other effect that would make you squirm. He obviously wasn't human, not with his nonexistent nose, crazed red eyes and a mouth full of sharp teeth like a piranha. He had two arms but claws at the end of his hands; his skin was a pale pastel color and he was wearing shredded cloths that hardily covered any thing. The monster in front of me had some kind of pattern all over his body; it was beautiful but disgusting at the same time.

It walked over to where I was huddled up in the corner and crouched down to my level. Red eyes looking straight into my dark green, I pressed myself even further into the corner if that was even possible. The monster grabbed my chin in to his claws pulling my head up so I was looking into his eyes again, his claws cutting into the sides of my cheek.

"You're going to come with me" he growled like a dog, saliva dripping on to the floor as if he was same kind of wild animal. I whimpered away shaking my head slightly in a sign of no.

His red crazed eyes widened with anger and went even more crazed when I responded to him. He raised his hand and ran his claws all the way down my left leg from thigh to ankle. Screaming out in pain I tried to push him off me, well that was a mistake because he pushed his claws even further in to my thigh as he slowly went down my leg.

The pain was too much so I let go. Then everything went black.

~~~~~ ~~~~~

I woke up with a start and tried to sit up, key word being tried. Laying back down on the bed I tried to regain my breathing to normal remembering what had happened to me in the past six years and how I had ran away, how they might find me again if I don't get up and move.

Forcing myself to sit up with a grunt and swinging my legs out to the side, I needed to go, needed to run away before they found me again. I heard footsteps coming. Pushing myself even harder I stood up but fell back down onto the bed with a thud as my legs gave up under me. Hissing in pain, the door was pushed open reliving a women in her fifties with a soft smile on her face and a tray of food in her hands.

"Your finally awake, I was starting to get worried" the old women said in a soft voice as she set the tray of food in her hands down on to the table. On instinct I flinched away from her as if she had hit me. I couldn't help it; I was used to getting beaten up every time I saw someone or... raped. Curling up in a ball I looked up at her through my hair as I waited for the blows that never came, I saw the hurt that flash in her eyes as she looked at me.

"I'm not going to hurt you little one" she reassured me with her soft voice. Lifting my chin up I inspected her closely, she had graying hair and a few wrinkles next to her eyes that suggested that she smiled a lot, her gray blue eyes were as soft as her voice was and showed wisdom. Moving my head I inspected the room I was in. It had lavender walls with a single bed, chest of draws and a work table with a lamp that was shining its light around the room. Looking out of the window that was opposite me the scenery told me that I was still in the woods and it was late at night with the moon high up in the sky.

Smiling lightly the old women said "You done looking around?" in a joking manner. "You've been out for a couple of weeks, you had all of you ribs broken and both of your arm along with you left leg and you right ankle. You had a cracked head and had been stabbed many times along your stomach area. You should not be moving!" she said the last bit with an accusing tone that you would use on a child in trouble.