Chapter Six - Trying to Forget

Chapter 6 – Trying to Forget

As soon as I started getting feeling back into me I knew that I wasn’t on the dance floor where I had shut my eyes, no I was in my bed at Lilly’s house. The bright sun was blinding my eyes with its hot rays glowing through the open window. I could hear murmurs coming from every angle of the room and concluded that everyone was in my room whispering to each other.

“Boy, I’m glad that you are the soul mate of my Ally but you better watch your back, you hurt her in any way you will have us in front of you. She has gone though enough and she doesn’t need any more,” my uncle whispered to someone in a harsh tone, I’m guessing he was saying it to Ryder as he is mine and I am his soul mate.

“Yeah man if you even look at her wrong I will mess you up bad” Isaac threatened him in a tone that I never even thought he possessed. Clearing his throat Ryder answered my possessive relatives, “Sir I understand your worry, you know what I have been though too and you know I’m broken in my own way. I think its time I got fixed and I want to help Alisa on the way too” he let out a deep breath after the confession.

“Sir, the moment I saw her I felt something deep inside me awaken the second I heard her voice I knew she was different and the second I touched her I knew she was mine” his voice was so quiet I wasn’t sure if I heard it right, but I was too far gone to be fixed now.

Deciding that it was time to announce my awoken presence, I stirred and fake yawned stretched like a cat would after a long nap. Blinking a few times I sat up as my eyes connected with Ryder’s, I could see the hope and fear in them. Hope for me? Fear that I would reject him? I don’t know.

“Ally you have no idea how scared we were for you!” my uncle Danny exclaimed, breaking my trance with Ryder, I looked over to him with a small reassuring smile.

“There’s nothing to be scared about Danny” I tried to reassure him, “Look I’m fine” I pointed to my self sitting on the bed.

“Well you were not fine a few minutes ago!! Ally your heart stopped beating for like, a whole hour!” Rose cried into my ear while she sat next to me on the bed, hugging me tight. Patting her back slightly she moved away but I was soon attacked into a hug by Isaac. Laughing lightly I was smiling a small but genuine smile as he let me go.

Looking around the room I saw everyone was here, Mia and Danny, Isaac and Zoe, Rose and Mathew, London and Chris and standing there was Ryder with a soft smile on his face and a look in his eyes that wanted me to hug him, hug him so all the grief in them sea blue eyes would disappear.

“Do you, um, know what happened? Why this happened?” I asked, looking at Lilly for the answer.

“It could be because of stress, overload and anything really. You where dancing when it happened so I’m guessing that your body just couldn’t cope so it shut down. You are very lucky Alisa, what is we couldn’t be there on time, what if I couldn’t re start your heart, Alisa you have to be carful.” Lilly gave me this speech while I was busy staring, into the depths of crystal blue eyes that shadows something I cant quite put my finger on, of the boy that I may just not know how to get rid of.

I knew why this happened, I thought to myself. It’s because I found out what Ryder really was to me, my soul mate. But that’s not possible, I mentally shook my head, I cannot have a mate the poor soul will suffer from me when I reject him. I don’t have time for a mate I have to get ready I have to train for the war that’s coming between the Benders and the Turned, how I know that I have no clue. I don’t feel ready for a mate, I don’t know if I can trust someone again. I can’t have a mate.