Prologue

I am sitting alone. I watch as others walk by me, not even acknowledging my existance. I am ignored. I hug my knees closer to my chest.

"Who are you?"

The single question surprised me, shocking me out of my reverie. I look up and see a man. He looks at me with a confused expression, bright red eyes glittering. I realised with shock that he was actually seeing me.

"I-I dunno.." I murmured.

"How long have you been alone?"

"I'm not sure...A while. I cant remember much."

"Do you have any parents?"

"No...They died."

The boy straightened, glancing around and rubbing the back of his head, his jet black hair underneath his cap.

"Well, come with me for now," he decided, bending down and offering me his hand. My eyes widened.

"R-Really?" I asked, breathless. He nodded.

"I cant just leave you here. That would be cruel of me."

Slowly I extended my hand out to him, and he grasped it in his. He gently pulled me to my feet, steadying me as I stumbled. Then he began to lead me down the street, out of town.

"I need to give you a name," he mused.

"Not really,"  I replied indifferently.

"Well, I cant just call you 'girl'. So how about...Cahira?"

I mused it over. Cahira..."Sure," I replied with a shrug, pretending to not care. But inside I was bubbling. That someone had cared enough to help me made me so happy. That this person, whoever he was, had taken me with him, was enough to make me love him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright Cahira, try catching it," he told me, giving me a pokeball. I looked hesitant, then threw it at the injured pokemon. We had found it stranded underneath a fallen tree, bleeding heavily, but it was too big to carry to a Pokemon Centre.

The centre glowed red for a moment, then finally stopped. I reached down and picked the pokeball up, my eyes wide. I had captured my first pokemon. I looked at him and grinned. He smiled as well.

"Alright, let's get it to a Pokemon Centre," he said seriously, and we started running.

When Nurse Joy handed the pokeball back over to me, I quickly brought it out, eager to meet it properly. It was incredibly beautiful in my opinion; sleek white fur covered it's body, a single black horn coming out of the side of its head and jet black claws on the end of it's paws. It's eyes glowed a bright red. "Sol," it said to me.

"Hello. I'm Cahira, it's nice to meet you," I said politely, unsure what to say to a Pokemon. It regarded me for a moment then said, "Absol," almost as if replying. I smiled.

"You're beautiful. Did you know that?" The Absol raised it's head proudly, as if showing off. Nurse Joy walked up to us.

"Wow, you actually captured an Absol! That's impressive, they're said to be hard to find and almost impossible to catch." She saw that I didnt have any other pokemon. "Is it your first pokemon?" I glanced at him and he smiled.

"Yeah, that's her first pokemon," he said. Nurse Joy nodded.

"Alright, I'll just tell you a bit about the Pokemon, give you a few Pokeballs, and then let you go on your way," she said.