Chapter 4

Cahira reached the door and knocked on it, waiting for a moment. It was opened by a little girl, who looked at Cahira with wide eyes. Cahira gave a gentle smile.

"Hello there. I'm looking for Kurt, do you know where he is?"

"My Grandpa? He's in here," the girl replied, leading Cahira and Gold inside. They saw a man sitting at a table and walked over to him.

"Excuse me sir, are you Kurt?" Cahira asked. The man looked up, nodding.

"Yeah, but if you're wanting me to make you some pokeballs, you'll have to wait. I need to get rid of those Team Rocket thugs," he replied, standing up and brushing past her. Cahira watched him go, then glanced down at the girl.

"Will you be alright on your own for a bit?" she asked. The girl nodded, though her expression was concerned, and Cahira smiled. "Dont worry, I'll make sure your grandpa comes back safe and sound," she promised before walking out, Gold, Absol and Lava following.

They headed down the path, Gold bringing out his Marill and Bayleef. "You sure you wanna help? I dont mind if you dont want to," Cahira said.

"Seriously Cahira? I'd be a right stupid friend if I didnt help you out in a battle. I've got your back, dont you worry," Gold replied, grinning.

They reached the well and found the guy which had been standing guard had gone. Glancing at each other, they carefully climbed down, getting to the well and climbing down the ladder on the inside. They reached the bottom and saw Kurt sitting there, nursing his back.

"Sir? Are you alright?" asked Gold, hurrying over to him.

"Yeah...I gave that goon at the top a good shouting at and he raced off, but when I followed him down I fell and hurt my back. It should be fine soon, but I'm definately not fighting anyone today," he replied. Cahira glanced down the tunnel, then back up. Finally she sighed and turned to Gold.

"Gold, stay here with Kurt. I'll go beat those guys and hurry back as fast as I can, okay?"

"But what if they're too strong?" asked Gold, looking worried. Cahira gave a confident smirk.

"Too strong? For me? Even if they somehow managed to beat Lava, Absol's far to strong for idiots like these. Dont worry," she replied. Gold looked at her strangely, and she blinked. "What?"

"Nothing. Go on, get going then miss 'I'm-all-powerful'," he said with a chuckle. Cahira shot him a quick smile then hurried off into the deeper parts of the cave.

She walked along, bumping into various Grunts and defeating them easily. Finally she reached the furthest she could go and found a man there. He spotted her and raised an eyebrow. "What's a kid like you doing in here? Actually, how'd you get so far? The Grunts should have stopped you already.." he murmured.

"Well, they got a little discouraged after I'd beaten all their pokemon," Cahira replied with a shrug.

"I see..." the man murmured, considering something. Then he drew himself up. "My name is Executive Proton. I am one of the four leaders of Team Rocket. Even if you managed to beat all my Grunts, you wont beat me so easily."

Boss, huh, Cahira thought to herself. She shrugged. "So what? I'll still beat you," she replied and Lava stepped forward, his fire flaring.

"Under fair circumstances maybe...But then, I dont fight fair," he replied, giving a sly smirk and glancing behind her. She panicked, turning to see if something was coming up behind her before realising nothing was there, otherwise Absol would have warned her. She gasped, starting to turn back before the attack hit her back and she cried out, hitting the floor.