Ch 3

So we sat down in the pizza parlor and Tyler looked at me.

"Ok, what do you want to eat? We should probably get some dinner with our drinks so the poor waiter doesn't have to come around twice," he said as he flashed me a smile. I nodded and wiped my palms on my dress.

"How about we split the uh...16-inch pizza," I looked at him for approval. He nodded, and closed his menu. Finally, a waiter came around to take our orders. She had brown, straight hair and baggy clothes on. Her makeup was messily applied and you could tell where she messed up with her eyeliner and didn't care. Still, when I looked at Tyler he was staring at her. I frowned.

"How may I help you," she said in a not-so-happy tone. I snuck a glance at Tyler. He was still gaping at her like a dumb goldfish, like those fish you see at the petshop with big, googly eyes. I stood up.

"I have to use the restroom. Can I just get a Coke?" I turned and walked quickly in the direction of the restrooms. The worst part was, he only glanced at me quickly as I got up. I ran into the bathroom, and locked myself into the biggest stall. There, I sank to my knees and cried. I didn't know why I was crying, I just was. Maybe he didn't even like that girl. So why was I crying? I was just an idiot, and over-thinking everything. So after I composed myself, I got up, and walked slowly back to the table. He sat there, arms folded, frowning at the table. I looked up at him. "What's wrong?" I asked, sitting down quickly. He shook his head. "The waitress turned me down," he said. I nodded and then abruptly stopped. "What?" I squeaked. "The waitress. She turned me down. Got a problem?" He asked. I glared at him, trying to be angry instead of upset. "What the hell, dude? I thought this meant something to you! I thought I- never mind. Forget I was ever your friend." With that said, I got up and ran out the door.