Ch.2- Getting To Know Him

I met him by the cafeteria with my hair messily pinned up with a clip and a fresh layer of lip gloss on. Obviously I was trying not to look awful. But hey, who could blame me?

"Hey, June! Ready to get the hell out of here?" he smiled at me, taking my hand and flipping it, my palm face-up. Ever so gently he placed a package in my hand. My heart did a little flip at the sight of this, and I went to open it. But his hand swatted my eager fingers away, laughing softly the way he always does when I do something stupid. He is always so gentle...I cleared my throat and pushed the thoughts away. Now is not the time, June.

"Yeah. And thanks for the package." My words came out, suprisingly, at a normal pace. Then we walked to his car rather quickly because we didn't want to be caught outside during class. Once I got into the passenger seat of the car, he sat down in the drivers seat. "So, where to? It's your choice, I honestly don't care." He put his keys in and started the truck up. Almost instantly, cool air dried my skin, sticky from humidity. He smiled at me and I grinned like an idiot back.

"So, you into art?" I asked him, and he looked shocked. "W-well of course! How could I not love it? Do you draw?" He asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah, I can't paint at all. Seriously, the colors mix up and everything. It's so frustrating, Ty." I looked up at him, a smile playing on my lips. I was feeling less like an awkward person and more relaxed. He tried to hide it, but he was blushing something fierce.

"What are your interests?" I asked, trying to change the subject. He looked at me and gave a half-hearted smile. 

"I sometimes write. I want it to be my career, but I suckat it so I have to pursue other things. I am really athletic, too. I swim and play football." He looked at the road once more and pressed lightly on the break at a red light. I looked out the window. It was sunny outside still, with huge, fluffy clouds in the sky. 

"Cool," I said. That was all I had left to say. The rest of the drive was in silence.