Chapter 13: Pizzas and Scotland

A couple days after that.

Ashlynn's P.O.V

I feel like the hole in my chest has just been healed. The last few days I spent with Jason have been amazing. I totally forgot about Max and he probably forgot about me. If he really cared about me he would come back but he never does.

"Want some pizza?" Jason asked while turning left into a parking lot.

"Sure," I said.

"Ok." He smiled and slammed the door shut. I wait in the car. I don't know why I didn't go in with him but whatever.

*Ding ding*

My phone rings.

I press answer.

Unknown caller.

"Hello?"

"Hi..."

"May I ask who this is?"

"Umm... it's max." He says awkwardly. Why is his phone number unknown?

"Why haven't you called?"

"Well... umm... I don't know it's just been hard."

"well I've missed you and I thought you were so mad at me so I didn't bother texting or calling." I see Jason coming out of the shop with a box of pizza. My favourite food.

"well, I got to go. I hope I can see you sometime soon," he says with sadness in his voice and hangs up. I shove my phone in my sweater pocket.

Jason opens the door and hands me the pizza.

"Hey. sorry it took so long it took them forever to make the pizza." he chuckled.

"It's fine," I say taking a bite of a slice of pizza. He laughed again.

"When I was inside there I got a text from my mom. She said we are moving to Scotland for like a year or two because my aunt lives there and my mom wants to see her." He says pulling out of the parking lot.

"What?! No."

"We leave tomorrow."

"Aww. Why so soon?"

"I don't know. My mom has told the school that we will be gone for a year or two but we will be back."

"No, I'll miss you like crazy." A tear rolls down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away so he doesn't see.

*Ding ding*

It was a text from max.

Looks like he's leaving.

How did you know?

I've been watching. Wow, he really is a stalker.

Wait... you broke up with me. OVER TEXT! Why should I be talking to you?

That was the biggest mistake of my life. And I swear I will never hurt you again.

Hmm... I don't quite believe you yet.

Fine meet me in the alley by the school and we will talk.

Fine when?

9:00.

Ok bye.

Bye.

Glad that was over. What if he doesn't show up and I'm standing there.

I turned the radio on and rocked out to the song that was on.

"Having fun?" Jason snickered.

"Yes."

••••

8:15

"Can you drop me off at embers house?"

"Of course."

"Thank you for the pizza," I say smiling.

"Anytime." He says as I shut the door and he drives off. I only have 45 minutes to get ready. I run inside and redo my makeup. I get something decent on. (which took a while) and it was 8:40. The school was about 20 minutes away by walk so I better hurry.

•••

In the alley.

I check my phone it was 9:15. Where is he? I was about to leave when I saw Max.

"Leaving so soon?"

"Max!"