Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I slowly walked to my seat, trying to make sense of all that happened to me in less than twelve hours. I looked around me taking in the sight of all the proud, rigid people, in the first-class section of the plane. I sighed for the umpteenth time. I was on a plane heading to Italy, why Italy of all places? I mean, I loved Italy, don't get me wrong, but couldn't we have gone to California, or anywhere remotely close to the US and my family.

I sat on the aisle seat with a huff, there was no way I was going to take the window seat. Why would I put myself right between the window and Yunus? Ya, I don't think so. 

When we had left the hospital, Yunus seemed to have secured us a flight to Italy without a problem. I had refused to set foot in my house, instead, I had stood outside and told him where my passport was. He took the liberty of packing me a bag, which didn't make me very happy. I mean I didn't give him permission to rummage through my drawers and closet. How would he feel if I took the liberty of going through his stuff without his consent?

We barely wasted time in Yunus's house, it was like he was all ready to go. He grabbed a bag and his passport and we were literally flying to the airport. Now, here I was sitting comfortably in a first-class seat. I closed my eyes trying to relax somewhat. But my closed lids seemed to let unfold the nightmare that had unfolded last night. Was it only last night? it seemed as if it had been weeks ago. I quickly opened my eyes not wanting to see the masked man. I noticed an old lady and a young girl take the seats to my right. The lady smiled at me nodding, I forced a smile on my face.

Yunus came out of the bathroom making his way toward me. I heard a gasp escape from the woman's lips. I turned to look at her, she looked pale as if she had just seen a ghost. She stared at Yunus unable to believe her eyes. Yunus, on the other hand, didn't seem to notice the lady. He walked by her without a glance. He stood in front of me looking at me with a puzzled expression.

"What?" I asked unsurely

"You don't want the window seat?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

I shook my head wordlessly. With a shrug, he slid past me and slid into his seat. I laid back in my seat feeling a whole lot better. Within ten minutes, the plane was on its way to Italy. The air hostess brought around refreshments, I flipped through a magazine while Yunus typed away on his computer. I kept trying to distract myself, but, I couldn't help but notice that the old lady kept giving us glances. By the time lunch was brought and taken, I was more than curious about the old lady. I turned to Yunus, my head wanting to voice my thoughts. The moment I turned my breath caught in my throat. He was sleeping, his face angled toward me his lips inches away from mine. He gently breathed as he soundlessly slept. I was mesmerized unable to pull my eyes away. He looked so different as he slept.

For once he wasn't frowning, his face was relaxed and smooth. His red hair fell in his eyes hiding his scar. His lips were slightly parted, his even breathing slightly ruffling his hair. My hands itched in my lap as I stared at him. From the moment I had met Yunus when we were younger, I had always loved the idea of running my hand through his hair. 

What girl wouldn't want to touch those luscious locks of hair? I knew that Yunus wasn't the type of man that would ever let anyone touch him like that. It just wasn't in his nature, I mean, I didn't nickname him prince of ice for no reason. Yet, here he soundlessly slept next to me, it was basically a once in a lifetime chance.

I tentatively reached out, slowly running by hands across his loose strands. I held my breath waiting for him to wake. When he didn't stir or wake I grew bolder. Smiling, I slowly ran my hand through his hair. My hands tingled with just how soft it was, as I mindlessly stroked his hair, he groaned leaning more into my touch.