Chapter 3?

~Xavier Anderson~

N

ow I knew that I couldn't just leave her and walk away from her. I knew that she won't give up without any sort of explanation and I couldn't give her one.
So the best option I had was: hurt her enough to leave me. And that was what I had planned to do.

I had headed to the club and drank a whole lot of alcohol, intoxicating my body enough to have the courage to do what I had in mind.

Even in my drunken state, I had girls coming up to me, starting conversations and sliding their phone numbers into my pocket before leaving.

I sheepishly smiled and winked at the two tall, blonde girls who were coming up to me with a smirk playing on their lips.

These were the golden ticket to my plan.

And that's how I ended up at our apartment's door, with the keys between my fingers having girls, I never thought I'd have so close, wrapped around me.

I never expected I would do such a thing to Amanda. But here I was, drunk with a shattered, bent and twisted heart. Using all my will to do what I was about to do, I disposed the sane mind I had left.

Taking a deep breath and putting up a facade, I unlocked the door, hearing their laughter echoing in my ears. I wanted to give this up but I had to remind myself that Amanda deserved better.

Pulling down the doorknob, I pulled them closer to me, knowing full well that Amanda would be in the living room waiting for me, worried.

"Oh, thank God! I've been so worried. I called you a million times," I heard her say and heard her footsteps approaching.

"Xa-" she abruptly paused as she gasped loud when she saw that I wasn't alone.

Now I felt nothing when her smile faded off her face as she saw me. It could have been from all the drinking or because I finally accepted my fate. I have done something much worse than what I was about to do... being a gangster had always been in my blood and I never accepted it.

"Hello Amanda," I coldly said, smirking at her while the girls giggled and ran their hands through my hair. 

Leave it for them to make one hell of a show.

"I- you wha-what is this?" she asked in a low voice, the hurt evident on her face and in her voice.

"What do you see?"

She stared at me in disbelief, her eyes clouding with tears as she took deep breaths.

"I-I-" she started but I cut her off.

"I want a three-some. I got bored of just you," I spat, smiling. "I could do it a foursome for your sake," I added, blowing her a kiss.

Taken back, her eyes widened, reflecting everything as she gasped loud.

"What!? Are you crazy?"

"I'm very much sane."

"Get out!" She screamed, uncontrollably slapping my chest like a mad woman. The girls to my side just stared at her, not moving or saying a word.

"This is my house," I simply said, knowing that this would do it.

She stopped and backed away from me, flabbergasted. My eyes drifted to hers and I wished I didn't look into them.

First, there was a flash of confusion in her eyes then a hint of realization before the disappointment dawned in.
Finally, they became clouded with hurt before they got teary.

She slowly closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. When she opened them, they had a deafness, a stillness.

Perhaps if I hadn't followed my father, I wouldn't have lost her too.
She harshly poked her finger in my chest and whispered slowly, "this... I'd never ever imagined you'd hurt me this much."

Then tears slowly coursed down her cheeks in an unrestricted manner.

"You broke me into a million pieces," she shakily said, her lower lip trembling as she spoke.

That was when all the emotions I had suppressed, flooded my soul.
I broke the only person who could take away my pain.

She then stormed right past me and loudly  slammed the door behind her, leaving me with the girls, who were now shocked, and all her belongings behind.

But she did take one specific piece of me with her.
My heart.

And that was when I hurt the one woman I vowed never to.

I slowly closed my eyes, taking a deep breath as I did so.

"I-we should go," one of them said and the other agreed with her. Before I could even say a word, they backed away and left.

The pain came in waves, engulfing me, strangling me.

My legs buckled up and I fell to my knees. I sat there on the ground, my hand to my chest while the pain continued to abuse me.

Tears began to spill from my helpless eyes. It felt like emptiness, a shear of nothingness.
I felt so raw; like there was no shell over my pain.

I had never felt so alone, so incapable of doing even the smallest tasks. And this was only the beginning, the beginning of the pain.

This was how I ruined my life with one simple mistake. This was how fate took away everyone around me and played me.