Closing night (0.)

France had the Phantom of the Opera...

America has me.

I was laid back on a beam high above the stage, just listening to the last performance of If/Then. Seems to be closing night for them.

Good.

I didn't really like the show anyway. I hope the next one is better. Looking through my phone, I guess I'll search who's on their way in. It better be a more entertaining show, especially if I'm going to be hearing it over and over... Hamilton? Oh great... a history lesson put to music.

Sitting up, I give a long stretch, the ending applause finally consuming the air, and the actors all giving hugs and congratulations to one another.

Good riddance...

I make it to my feet and walk to the end of the support, taking hold of the rope that closes the curtains and ride it down to the floor, closing the stage for them. People barely noticed me though, I had a headset and floorlight on, keeping my hands on the rope as if I was simply pulling it down normally. I smiled and gave quiet "Congratulations" to passing actors as they made their way back to their dressing rooms. After a few moments of that facade, I start to step further backstage, into the shadowed back wall. Pushing against it, I slip into a back hallway, hidden by the false wall. Something I crafted myself, I was here when they built the place, after all.

And who am I? I'm Eva. No last name, just Eva. Forever stick in a 22 year old's body. Caramel skin, thick raven hair, curves for days. I am immortal. I don't know why, and I don't know how. All I have is this theatre house. This is my home...

It helps that I'm a slut for musicals and theatre in general, so I enjoy my time here, especially causing little fits of mayhem. People say the place is haunted. People have even called religious leaders to pray away the ghost or spirit that lives here. I just sit up in the rafters and laugh. It's my playground here. The upper left box is always unsold because that's where I watch from. The fourth floor dressing rooms are left unused because that is where I live. I actually removed it from the available blueprints so people don't try to find them. I have made it into almost a suite up there, all the rooms are connected, carpet and hardwood installed, the comfiest and most luxurious furniture is up there. It's my safe haven, colored deep blue.

I climb up the back stairway to get there, going straight to my office. It's time to prepare for whoever is coming to the theatre next. I light my candle for my seal, and get writing.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Allo! New story, let's see where it goes~ 6/20/17

Ches~