[05]

"I really don't like that you brought this back." Ryan commented, locking the door of Sara's apartment behind him.

"Again, it's not gonna harm you. It's fine. Besides, it's not you who did it."

Deciding to let go of the matter, Ryan laid his phone on the counter of the kitchen and sat on the stool, his face buried in his hands.

Sara had been harmed already, something that she had quickly forgotten about. It, whatever it was, pulled her hair. She heard a whisper, and she had been so positive on bringing this photo back?

"I really don't think this is a smart idea, but don't think this is my fault when something starts haunting us."

Sara sighed. "Jeez, calm down. I'm going to go to lay down, okay? It's like, eight in the evening and I haven't had dinner but I am tired, so goodnight. Just have some food delivered if you're hungry."

He nodded, now looking at her, and he watched as she pulled the photo from her pocket and put it on the counter, before walking off to her bedroom, closing the door behind her.

He didn't dare touch the picture, so he did exactly what she had told. He ordered some random Chinese food and turned the lights out after finishing, throwing it in the trash. He took his phone and went off to the bedroom Sara had given him and shut the door.

He sat on it, browsing through his phone until he didn't notice the time—11:00PM. He had work tomorrow, and he was definitely going to regret not going to sleep early.

Pushing his phone on the small table beside his bed, he kicked off his shoes and laid there, eyes shut. Eventually, after another two hours of thinking, he had fallen asleep, right as the photo on the counter fluttered to the ground, which would go unnoticed until the next morning.

. . .

It was a sunny, yet somehow gloomy day on a summer morning when he woke. His fingers had almost robotically reached out to an orange bottle on the table beside his bed, full of pills, he contemplated exactly if this was what he was going to do. Sleep on this, he thought to himself last night, as he let go of the bottle and instead turned his back on it a night's rest. Yet, he thought maybe he'd feel better and brighter the next morning. No, it was all the same.

He sighed, pulling open the bottle and pouring around the quarter of its contents onto his hand. He closed his eyes, about to make the ultimate decision to take his life, when his eyes snapped open and focused themselves on a photo frame. A picture of himself. Taken only months ago, by someone who was now just a stranger. Hw placed the drugs on the table on the table and took the frame and pulled out the photo.

He stood, rummaging around for a pen, and wrote the first thing that came to his mind. He shoved the photo back into the case and picked up the pills once again, downing everything before he could change his mind and emptied the bottle of water right beside him.

His death was pronounced a suicide.

i'm facing a lot of writer's block with this lately, but thankfully i got back and found some ideas for the next upcoming parts. thank you for all the votes and comments! please vote and comment what you think, i love reading those. follow me on social media:

twitter: darkipliar