The Dark Kid Next Door

He's the guy who comes with me to school and never speaks a word.

He's the guy who comes with me after school and still never spoke a word.

He has issues.

He's depressed.

He's cold.

He's dangerous.

He's heartless.

He's the dark kid next door.

He's Harry Styles...

...my Harry Styles.

My protector. 

My heart.

My hero.

My happiness.

My love.

My everything.

† † †

"Mum, is my lunch done now?" I called out to her as I was throwing everything I needed into my bag for my day of Senior Year.

"Yeah sweetie, it's on the counter" she replied with light-heartedness and cheerfulness in her voice. She's acting like Snow White again, which is annoying for some specific reasons.

I ran downstairs and just as the soles of my feet touched the floor, I hastily asked my Mum a certain question I've been dying to ask her all Summer.

"Mum, by the way. I was, um, thinking..." I uttered while sheepishly scratching my hair.

"Spit it out, darling. You're gonna be late." She said as she was washing the dishes, turning her back from me.

"Okay okay okay!" I said rolling my blue eyes. "Can I let my new friends to come over tonight?"

It took a while for her to reply but still felt like forever. She slowly faced towards me with wide eyes and wet bubbly hands. I swear it's like she just saw a dancing ghost. I knew by that moment she was probably shocked.

"No, n-not when our house looks like this." she stated bossily. Oh great, what happened to being Snow White?

"But Mum! It's not like our house is too small for them to fit!" I complained, looking around the area dumped by old or washed clothes and unknown stains plastered on the walls. I examined them with a determined look. "It's not that bad..." I said quietly.

"For the last time, Fern! The answer is no!" she roared with her hands on her hips, causing the sides of her duster to get soaking wet.

When she said those words it's like I'm being stabbed in the chest in an instant. I couldn't help but feel heavy tear drops sliding down my cheeks. I quickly shed them. She doesn't understand. No one does. I was only trying to make friends by throwing out a slumber party. And this was my chance, but she blew it. She can't seem to understand that I'm a nerd; that one girl in class who likes being in the back of every class. That one girl in class who will be asked by everyone else, "Why are you so quiet?" That one girl in class who never gets any recitation points at all.

Without thinking straight I snatched my lunch bag and stormed out of the house, leaving my Mum a giant question mark above her head.

I was now walking on the side walk while looking for something in my wallet. All of a sudden I bumped into a guy with his really hard chest. I mean seriously my arse is now on the ground because of him! 

"Hey! Mind letting the little ones pass, mister?!" I managed to cry at him but my eyes are still on the ground, looking for my stupid nerd glasses. My hands began feeling all over the place not until I felt a shoe. Great, he's still there. Maybe he got my glasses? Why not ask? It's not like my whole world is about to flip upside down all because of a single question blocking my way.