16

"Stop smiling!" Bhagya chided seeing Sreenadh's smug smile "The blouse for this one was much nicer than the other one. "

"If you say so" Sreenadh knew blue would suit Bhagya really well but he did not imagine she would look quite this attractive...or...was he being attracted to her? He was not sure of the reason why or how she did it but her kajal lined eyes were twinkling with joy.

"That is the only reason I wore it" Bhagya tried again.

Sreenadh laughed "Whatever. You are looking good."

"Because you chose the sari?"

"No. Because you are looking good" Sreenadh stated. Looking at her now Sreenadh was glad he got her to agree to let him buy the sari. Seeing her try on their wedding sari, when he got back home one day, he felt a little bad that she was cutting down costs to save as much money as she could for Bhuvana's wedding.

"I cannot afford to buy new clothes for myself. Plus, This sari is pretty new. I only wore it a couple of times" Bhagya had said after he had asked her if she was not buying anything for herself.

"Bhagya if you need money..."

"No." She had said cheerfully "I was saving up for her wedding for a long time now. Just need to spend it carefully." As an after thought she asked "You are coming for the wedding right?"

"Of course"

"And you are going to wear the same kakhi pants and white shirt?"

Sreenadh smiled "No. But only if you are wearing a new sari yourself"

"Sreenadh I don't.." Bhagya began to protest.

"Let me buy you one. You bought me clothes for our wedding and I have not bought you anything so far"

Bhagya had frowned "Dint you buy me the sari?"

"No. Amma did."

"That's Ok. No..."

Sreenadh knew it would not be easy "Fine then. Since you are wearing your wedding sari I will wear my wedding clothes" and the argument continued till Bhagya finally gave in and the both went shopping. That ...as it turned out ..was not an easy task either.

"But I like this one!" Bhagya had stressed for the tenth time.

"But this will suit you more Bhagya" Sreenadh insisted, picking up the blue silk sari.

"I am the one who has to wear it right? I want this green one!!" Bhagya had held onto to her patience even after an hour of disagreement.

"And I am the one who is paying for it. And I like this blue one" Sreenadh replied firm and calm.

That jerkish kind of answer had made Bhagya's chin twitch in a way that Sreenadh had not seen in a long time "Then you wear it!!!" she said and stormed out of the store.
The store attendant tried to manage the situation to his advantage and suggested accordingly "Sir. Why don't you buy both the sarees. I can give you a good discount on the second one!"

Though Bhagya never really stayed upset for long, about anything, it made Sreenadh uncomfortable when she would not speak to him on the way back home and through dinner. So, he had decided to make up to her. He rented a movie and shoved the CD in front of her face and hoped that it would make her forget about how he did indeed behave like a snob.

"What is the name of the movie?" Bhagya asked looking excitedtly at the Korean titles flashing on the TV screen

"Thirst" Sreenadh sopke absently trying to make sense of what was being said "There are no sub titles" he realized.