×10×

Harry

I step out of the jeep, closing the door softly to try and not wake Blair. She had fallen asleep minutes after i put the radio on, fortunately.

The convenient store I had stopped at looks like shit and it's nearly deserted but it's been the first one in four miles and I've been needing to piss since I started this trip.

The store doesn't even have a sign, no name given to the building, but flyers and papers of all kinds are stuck all over the dusty glass windows. The place doesn't even have a gas station, but on the good side I wasn't in need of any gas. If I was, I'd be shit out of luck.

I walk to the other side of the vehicle and open up the door, Blair's arm falls limp to the side and I let out a breath. Her chest rose and fell with every longated breath she took. She looks like shit. Her face looks hollow, her cheekbones high and sharp, and her arms are terribly thin. The stitches on her head are about ready to be taken out, something I'll do later today when I have time. Her lips, slightly chapped and discolored are ajar, her soft breathes shooting out.

I rasie my hand to her shoulder and shake her, her head rolling to meet my gaze.  She sits up quickly, looks around and then stares at me with her wide brown eyes.

"I'm gonna throw up," she warns, her mouth pouted and open. She unbuckled the seatbelt and got out of the jeep, standing at the back tire facing away from me. I hear her heave and seconds later fluids hit the loose rocks on the ground.

I kept my eyes elsewhere, afraid if I looked that I might barf myself. I normally don't have a weak stomach but maybe it's the sweltering heat that's made it sensitive.

"Are you done?" I ask after a moment. She stood up straight and turned towards me, her face pale.

"Yes, I'm sorry. I couldn't hold it in." She looked at me apologetically.

"It's fine," I shake my head. I open the back door and shuffle through the bags I had thrown in here, looking for the one that contains the extra clothing I packed.

Once I find It, I open it and take out a pair of sweats and a shirt. I don't mean to give her the hot pants but it's all I have in the bag and I'm more than positive that she can't fit in my pants.

"Lets go," I instruct, shutting the door and guiding her to the entrance of the store.

When we open the door, a bell goes off above our heads and a sudden rush of cool air hits our skin. It feels good, better than the hot as shit sun out there.

The man at the counter eyes us for a solid five seconds, his bald head glistening from the sun rays coming through the window behind him.

"We'll get food after you change." I tell Blair, leading her to the restrooms. I can see her eyes scan over all the aisles that hold food, betting her stomach is rolling and growling out of control probably.

She opens the door and I hand her the clothes. "Hurry up," I say to her before she takes them from me and closes the door. 

I let out a sigh and look at the man behind the counter. He flips obnoxiously through a magazine of some sort while chewing on something.

I go down a small aisle where candy and bags of chips were stocked at and glance at what they have. I'm not even hungry, my apitite is gone but maybe getting something in advance is a good idea just in case I want to binge of something later.

I look through the types of chips on the shelf and finally decide to grab me a bag of Doritos.

"I like the ranch ones." I turn around and see Blair standing behind me, a bottle of water and a few snack cakes are held in her arms.