Twenty Two ➳

A/n: I'm sorry

July 18th

The day everything changed.

It was so quick and without warning. Oliver couldn't have possibly had time to prepare. He couldn't have known it was going to be like this.

Or perhaps maybe he could, and he just wasn't searching hard enough. Maybe he didn't see it coming simply because he didn't want to.

It all started the morning after Oliver had his dispute with Daniel. Oliver had awoken after only truly catching a few hours of sleep. Normally he would check his phone after he got up, but he was still angry and upset with how things had gone. In fact, he hadn't even touched the device since the whole ordeal had happened.

Oliver made himself some cereal, and went into the living room, switching on the television and waiting for everyone else to get up so he could retreat to his room again.

Oliver was in the midst of channel surfing when he heard an ambulance screaming outside and rushing down the street.

Curiosity had gotten the better of the sandy-haired boy, so he set his cereal down and made his way outside, wondering where the ambulance was going and who had been hurt.

Oliver felt his heart drop as he saw the vehicle turn down the road that was Daniel's. His brain soon became a mess, thinking of multiple scenarios that could've led to this. None of which where good.

"Morning Oli!"

Oliver barely even processed his mother's voice and without thinking he took off, running towards where the ambulance was headed. Oliver's mother called out after him, trying to get him to come back, but Oliver ignored her, instead running even faster.

Oliver wasn't feeling the normal breathlessness that physical activity gave him, partially blaming it on his adrenaline. In any other situation he might be proud of himself for running the whole way there so fast, but this wasn't any other situation. This was a dilemma that involved Daniel being in danger, which was something that made Oliver shake at the thought.

Oliver rushed over to where Daniel lived, just like he had the night prior. When he saw that the ambulance had parked itself there, he felt his heart drop to his feet and his knees threatened to give out from underneath him.

Oliver desperately darted his eyes all around, looking for some sort of answer. His thoughts were jumbled, and all he could think about was the worst case scenario.

Oliver watched as the pastor ran outside, nearly collapsing on the ground with sobs escaping his lips. Oliver's eyes widened and he looked around, trying to find Daniel. When he was met with nothing, Oliver looked again. And again. And again.

But there was still no sign of his friend.

Oliver began to panic. Where was Daniel? Why were there police officers and paramedics? What was happening?

Deep down Oliver knew what had happened. The second he had seen the ambulance turn down this street he knew.

Daniel wasn't okay.

Oliver's theory was only further proven when he saw some of the paramedics bringing out someone in a black bag. It wasn't completely zipped up and Oliver saw a glimpse of brown curls before the bag was out of his sight completely, being placed it back of the ambulance.

It was Daniel.

Oliver shook his head frantically. This couldn't he happening. It couldn't. He almost fell over, his vision becoming blurry. Everywhere around him was spinning and he couldn't breathe. Oliver didn't even realize that he had collapsed until a woman near him asked if he was okay.