A/n

Life is a funny thing. It has given me many insights into my own soul over the short span I have lived so far, and has provided me experiences that are hard to explain and were hard earned through the pain and suffering which seems to be the mode of thought for this era. I honestly think that technology has wrought upon us this impending air of depression and brought a darkened veil of it over the eyes of most of the people in America. Not to say that there wasn't depression and turmoil before now, just that most people didn't have the time for it.

A century ago, people were working hard every day, all day long, knowing they played a part in the economy in their own ways. These days, as a child growing up, coddled by the government and turned lazy by the sudden boom of technology of the past century, we find ourselves at a point in time where we have entirely too much time to ourselves to think of everything that has gone wrong in our lives. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. It's just a theory I entertain from time to time.

This is not going to be a tale of that past, in the sense of what you think, but a collection of my poetry dating from the time I was fourteen to the present and the changes I made along the way, including the dramatic ones of the past few years.
Everyone is born to be great. They just have to discover what it is that they were meant to be great at and follow it passionately. It's not always what you think it is or will be, but something inside of you that has to be brought out as you come to understand who you are.

I began writing poetry at the age of fourteen, before I knew that the mood I was in was called depression and this poem is the first one that I ever wrote. Long, maybe not to the point, but it is one that I wouldn't leave out.