A new me

Upright in my bed, I was practicing my new found powers with rocks I collected earlier that morning. I was trying to release my mind. Pick up, freeze, disinagrate, was my pattern. I still couldn't figure out how I could disinagrate things, wasn't that fire? Maybe I was just breaking it down to nothing. Moving adams. Sounds like A Wrinkle in Time. I lay down with my palms up. The wind immidiatly picked up pace, my hair blowing around my face. I tunred my hands back over and it stopped.

I stood up and walked over to a make shift desk and grabbed my notebook. Quickly, I scrawled down moving air on my notepad of powers. My stomach growled at me. Food, I knew something was missing. I lept out of my room, being careful to shut the door, and slipped on a jacket with energy in it. I don't want to go through that again.

I skipped down the hallway to the hallway named Fire. I stopped at a door that had a nametag saying Christian. I knocked and waited. The door opened and I was met to a smiling Christian.

"Come in," she said,"I was just about to go find you. I need to teach you some more things."

"More powers? I thought you said you can't teach me that," I said, confused.

"No, not that. I need to teach you history and things like that," she answered in a duh tone. Wait, history. School, Friends, Mom and Dad?! I've been gone for a couple days now They should be worried sick.

As if reading my mind, Christian said, "They don't know your gone. How you noticed that Amaya seemed never gone? Same thing. They think you're there but your not. You can choose to go backt to them or stay with us. Since you're still new, you can't switch back and forth yet. It'll be too hard."

I nearly fell on my own feet. Never see my parents again? I don't tink I could do that. But I can't leave here. I can't help but feel a certain sense of belonging here. Not to mention the pressure they have put on me. I have to stay for a while. But maybe just for that. "I'll stay here," I whispered,"For now." Not even sure if Christian heard me. She must have because smiled and nodded.

"Do you want to learn about our history now?" Christian asked. I nodded at the same time my stomach growled. We both laughed.

"How 'bout over some lunch?" I suggested.

"Let's go," Christian agreed with me and off we went.

                                            ......

At the lunch room, we met up with Eathon and we walked over to a little table to eat.

"I'll go get us some food, what do we want?" Christian asked.

"Hamburger!" Eathon exclaimed.

"Uh, I'm vegetarian. Is there tuna or something?" I asked.

"I'll find you something," Christian smiled as she started to walk away.

"Wait! I wan fries!" Eathon told her.

"OO! Make that double! I want some too!" I joined. We both craked up laughing and Christan gave us a death stare.

"Why is it so fun to annoy her?" I asked.

"I've been trying to figure that out for years!" We laughed again.

We chatted about random things like colors when Christian arrived back. Time to learn who I am.