Chapter 24

Jenna's POV:

"Hello?" 

"Hi, Mrs. Rachel!"

"Is this Jenna Lowrin?"

"Yes, yes it is!"

"What great news! I really needed a call from Isabelle or you!"

"Yup..."

"So, how is it? How is the trip going?"

"Well, it's going...great! Actually, great for me,"

"Oh!"

"Um, I wanted to tell you something that happened to Isabelle"

"............"

"Um,"

"....................."

"Well,"

"..............don't be afraid to speak up, dear. I won't be mad,"

"Okay, then. So basically,"

"................"

"Okay. So Isabelle got bit by a mosquito, and it really hurts. She's feeling noxious, and she's tired, and her head hurts,"

"Oh, dear!"

"But that's not the worst part. I think she has Malaria,"

"...................."

"But don't worry, I wo-"

"WHAT? NO! JENNA, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT ISABELLE!"

"I know, Mrs. Rachel! I'm very sorry! But I can't keep mosquitos away from her, and it was just purely unfortunate that that mosquito carried around the disease. I am deeply sorry,"

"Jenna Maria Lowrin! I better see my dear Isabelle at my front door in an hour!"

*BEEP*

Okay. Well, I was hoping that Mrs. Rachel wouldn't get that mad. And how did she even know my last name?

 "And why was she so mad?" 

"Well, I don't know, Jen. Maybe her daughter has Malaria,"

"Okay, okay. But you've got to say that it's not my fault. Because honestly it isn't, Isabelle!"

"I know, it's not your fault. But you're the older one, and you're responsible for me. My mother will never talk to you ever again. I mean, who wants to talk to the person who was responsible for your dead daughter?"

"FIRSTLY, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU! YOU GOT BITTEN BY YOURSELF AND ONLY BY YOURSELF. SECONDLY, YOU'RE NOT DEAD!"

"Not yet,"

"ISABELLE DON'T SAY THAT!"

"And also, it's not just me that's responsible for the bite! It's also the mosquito!"

"Oh, okay. Well I'll just go back into this vast forest and find that exact frickin mosquito and teach it English so it can communicate with your mom,"

~♡~ 

(Back to Isabelle's POV)

"Je, Jenna, can you please slow down? I'm getting really n- *gag* *retch* urjHH*"

"Holy!"

"AHH! IT HURTS, JENNA! IT *RETCH* IT HURTS!!!! AHHHHH!!" 

I can't describe the pain I was in. It felt like I was getting eaten alive by a tsunami that had molten lava in it, that was covered in sharp needles that could pierce through your heart. 

I felt absolutely terrible. And the worst part: there was nothing I could do about it. I could only go along with my body and puke and puke and puke until I felt unconscious. 

I didn't understand God again. I was finally out of my mother and Marissa's reach, and God had to come along and kill me. But I am a child of God, and I will always be. 

But like still. Seriously? Kill me now?

~♡~ 

"And don't ever get near her again!"

"Okay! Once again, Mrs. Rachel, I'm sorry, but it's n-" 

*SLAM*

"Honey, dear, are you alright?"

"*gag* No. NO, I'm not, mom. I feel sick and tired and the place where I got bit is red and bumpy and--- *retch*"

"Oh, dear! Isabelle hang in there!" I heard mom scream, as tears flooded down her cheeks. 

Someone stomped down the stairs so loudly that I sounded like an earthquake. 

"WOULD YOU QUITE DOWN, HERE? I'M TRYING TO--- ISABELLE? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Marissa screamed. 

I didn't have enough energy to answer her stupid question. 

"Marissa! Quit the yelling! Isabelle is terribly sick! Go up to your room and don't make a sound!" Duncan whisper-yelled. 

Thanks, dad. I mean step-dad. I mean-- *RETCH*.

"OH, IZZ! I'm bringing you to the hospital now!" mom said, as she carried me out the door and into the car. I puked on the front porch. 

I'm now a puking machine that doesn't have a stop button. 

~♡~ 

"So...."

"I don't think she's going to make it,"