Chapter 2: University...?

--Four days later--

Marley's POV~

"MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARLEY!" I roll over and curl up in my blankets. "GO AWAY." I yell. "Marley, get up!" Phil says. I grab my sock panda and throw it at him. "It's not Sunday, no reason to get up early. Bye now." Phil huffs. "GET UP. I HAVE BIG NEWS." I sit up and adjust my black church T-shirt. "Alright, tell me." Phil leaps onto my bed and curls up in my indigo and white duvet cover. "I'm going to Uni!" I tilt my head to the side. "Uni? As in Manchester University?" Phil nods. "I know we wanted to start going at the same time, but my mum said that it would be better for the both of us this way." Phil looks down. "Sorry..." I feel something tugging at me inside. "It's alright, besides, I'll join you there next year!" Phil looks at me and I can tell he knows I'm upset. "Be honest with me, Marley." My bangs fall in front of my face. "Marley Sophia Quinn, answer me right now." My green eyes pierce into his blue ones. "I'm upset that you're leaving me, not that you're going to university. I'm scared you're going to forget about me." Phil hugs me. "Don't be crazy. I could never forget about you. You've been my best friend since we were in primary school." Smiling, I hug him back. "Thanks Phil. I'll help you pack and move into your dorm!" Phil grins. "That would be awesome!"

---At Phil's dorm---

Phil and I walked into the dull colored college dorm. "Ahaha, no. This is too boring." I immediatly pull out strands of Christmas lights and hang them up around the room. I pull out his posters; Muse, Attack On Titan, and Full Metal Alchemist. I pull make his bed and put the colorful duvet on top. I line up his video games and DVDs, and I display all his trinkets. Phil stares at me, astonished. "Marley, you didn't have to do that." His blue eyes widen as he looks at what I did to his dorm in under 15 minutes. "I know. I wanted to. I can't have my best friend stuck in some empty room." We exchange enormous smiles. "I better be going..." I say, not wanting to be a bother to Phil. "No, you're staying. I'm bored and I want to watch a film. I was thinking.... Insidious?" He says with a devilish smirk. He knows how much I love horror films, but he also knows how freaked out I get after. "...Fine..." 

~A little into the movie~

"Come tiptoe, through the tulips, with MEEEEEEEEE!" Phil sings with the movie. "PHIL! Shut up!" I smack his arm lightly and clutch the purple blanket I was using. It's honestly terrifying. I hate it so much.... Suddenly the demon pops up. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" I scream. Phil is stuck staring at the screen. I can tell he isn't very happy about that jumpscare. We turn of the tv and sit there. "That's horrid..." I whisper. Suddenly, there's a knock at the door that makes me jump up. "I have to go to the loo, could you get that?" Phil asks. I nod and stand up, adjusting my drawstring on my black sweatpants and brushing a piece of lint off my FMA tee. I open the door to see a boy about my age with dark brown hair with his fringe to the side. He grins at me, his chocolate brown eyes sparkling. "Hey, I didn't know that a girl lived in these dorms." I shake my head. "Nah, I don't live here. I'm helping my best friend Phil move in." I flash him a smile. "I'm Dan, by the way." He sticks his hand out. "I'm Marley." I shake his hand. "What was it you needed again? I could see if I could find it if you don't mind waiting a bit." Dan smiles and laughs. Wow... He's really cute... WHAT shut up brain.  My brain. Why. "I don't mind waiting, I was just wondering if you had any sugar." I laugh a little. "Sugar?"

Dan's POV:

Did I have to tell her I needed sugar? Gosh Dan, smooth. Her laugh is so cute... So is the way her eyes sparkle when she smiles. I just met her and I already think she's perfect. She even likes Full Metal Alchemist! "Yeah, sugar. I'm trying to bake cookies for my mum." She laughs a bit more. "Hey now, its not that funny!" Marley covers her mouth and tries to muffle her giggling, which ends up coming out like a squeak. "S-Sorry! You bake?" I nod. "Not very well, but apparently my mom loves it." A grin spreads across her face. "Quite the mama's boy, hm? I'll go see if we have that sugar." She walks into a different part of the dorm. A boy a bit older than me walks out. He's tall, maybe an inch taller than me, and he has black hair with a similar hairstyle to mine. "Oh, hey. I see you met Marley?" I nod. "Yep, I'm Dan, nice to meet you." The boy smiles. These people sure love to smile... "I'm Phil, its nice to meet you too, mate." Marley comes back in with a bag of sugar. "I didn't know how much you needed, so I just brought the whole thing." She sits it down on the couch and brushes her fringe behind her ear. "There's a ziploc bag, I figured you'd be able to measure out what you needed." Phil rolls his eyes, but I could tell it was in a jokin way. "You're just making an excuse for your laziness, Marley." She sticks her tongue out and laughs. "You're not wrong, Phillip." She stretches and rests her feet on the coffee table. She looks so cute! Marley's phone rings and the Attack On Titan opening song plays. "Hello? Oh hi mum. I'm still at Phil's. No, his dorm. Oh come on, mum, do I have to? Fine. I'll be there soon." She hangs up her phone and she huffs. "My mum said I have to get home, apparently she has something she wants to tell me. I'll see ya later, Phil. It was nice to meet you, Dan. Maybe we can all play some Crash Bandicoot soon. I really gotta run." Marley gives Phil a hug and waves to me, then walks out the door. "Wow...." I look over at Phil. "Hm?" He shakes his head. "That's the most friendly I've ever seen Marley act towards a stranger, at least one our age." Dan shakes his head. "Dang... One question."

"Yeah?"

"Is she single?"

A/N:

OH MY GOSH. I am so sorry I haven't updated in forever! I'm going to try to update more.

Song for this chapter: She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds Of Summer!