11. Telescopium

"Morning!" the familiar deep baritone voice said. The voice was a bit far from where I sat, so obviously the owner of the voice wasn't talking to me. But my muscles moved as if someone talked to me, giving reactions to the voice I have just heard.

It's Namjoon, talking to some girls of my class, blocking other people's access to the classroom's door.

"Hey, Namjoon! Morning!" Jimin greeted the blonde boy first. "A bit later than usual, huh?"

Namjoon chuckled, "Yeah, I woke up late this morning," he said. "I sleep very late last night," he yawned as he walked to his seat. "Where's Jungkook?"

"Probably skipping school today," I replied to Namjoon's question. "It's been happening since last year, though. He would be skipping more class in a few weeks, I guess," I opened my backpack and took out a novel I've been reading these last three days, Perfume  by Patrick Süskind. "He's a junior trainee at some entertainment company, that's why."

"I thought trainees won't be able to go to normal schools?" Namjoon asked. "Hey, I read that book too quite a few time ago. That's some good shit you picked."

"I haven't read all of them yet, I think I got to this part of Grenouille working to the perfumer, so far it's really good," I said. "And yep, I've been wondering about his school life too for a while. I don't really know about that, though, I hope he can focus on his dream or his studies, or he will get the benefits of none of them."

"I guess it's hard to make a choice when you have a dream," Namjoon let out a heavy sigh, that's when I noticed his eyelids were all puffy and swollen. Weird. "And yeah, talking about the book, it's far better than the movie, I told you. I've watched the movie and the book, and the description on some part is far more erotic than the ones they show on the movie."

"Erotic?"

"Just read it to the lastest page and tell me what do you think."

"Kim Namjoon!" the middle-aged teacher of physics yelled.

No answer from the boy whose named, just some audible snoring heard to my ears. In a split second after the name being yelled by the teacher was enough to get everyone's attention to Namjoon, who was lying on his desk, his eyelids covering his brown colored eyes.

"Kim Namjoon I will get you out of the class if you don't wake up right now!" the teacher yelled even louder.

Namjoon almost fell of his chair, "Y-Yes, Ma'am?"

"Pay attention to the lesson! One more time I caught you, sleeping," the teacher gave some pressure on a certain word, "I will have to kick you out of my class or send you to the detention room! Understood?"

Namjoon lowered his head, hiding his embarrassment. "S-Sure, Ma'am. I'm truly sorry."

It's finally breaktime, and Namjoon seemed acting really weird today for not following the other students to the door and rushing to the cafetaria, just like what Jimin just did.

"Namjoon?" I pat his fingers. They were ice cold.

"Yeah?" he replied, his eyes meeting mine. I should say his brown iris are almost close to lifeless, I saw no light of excitement he always had in his eyes. It's just empty and hollow, I swore I saw a drop of water had just dripped from his left eye.

"What happened?"

"It's nothing."

"Yeah, it's nothing, those puffy eyelids and those eyebags are there immediately when you woke up. Just tell me what happened," I rolled my eyes, but suddenly regretted it, realizing the situation wasn't right.

"No, no, it's totally fine. I swear."

"No you are not and you have to tell me what happened because we're friends and that's what friends are for."

A bitter chuckle slipped out o Namjoon's lips.

"Just. Tell. Me. Namjoon?"

Namjoon's lips parted a bit, but he stopped and he started to bite his right thumb's nail. He looked hesitant and confused, seemed he was between his rational thinking of telling someone and asking for an advice, but he still wanted to keep his problems to himself.

"I'm going to buy some food. You have to eat." I stood up and faced the closed classroom's door.

"No, no, just stay here," he grabbed my sleeve. "Please. Just be here for a few more minutes."

I went back to my seat and sat down. I watched as Namjoon furiously breathed out his sorrows in silent, trying to keep himself together, but failed as he watched Jungkook's empty seat.

"Seokjin," he stated.

"Do you have a dream?"

DRAAAMAAA

see you next chapter! don't forget to vote!❤❤