i

~

I take off my glasses after finishing a chapter of the novel I brought with me. My eyes dart around the busy coffee shop filled with high school students and office workers. 

The aroma of roasted coffee beans lingers around in the air. The place has been decorated with fairy lights and vintage picture frames were hanging on the coffee-brown walls, giving the whole place a calming atmosphere. I'm glad I came across this place.

"I can't bother to look for other seats, can I sit here?" a boy around my age with dyed grey hair said as he pointed at the chair in front of me. I nodded in response with a friendly smile on my face. He sat down and shifted his body towards the counter

"They're taking a while with their orders today, huh? I ordered a few minutes ago, thinking I could just stand on the side but... it took longer than expected" the boy blabbered, turning his head to look at me.

"Yeah, I haven't gotten my order either." I said

I look down at my phone to check the time; 9:13 am the white characters glowed. I have to go back to the dorm later on to sort my things out.

"Customer Uyu! I have your medium cup of cappuccino, please come up to claim your order!"  the lady at the counter called out.

"Finally," I muttered under my breath. I hear the boy stifle a laugh 

"Can you please watch out for my bag?" I asked the boy. He nodded and grinned. 

I walked over and took my drink, smiling at the lady as I did so. I walked back to the table. The boy was about to say something until he got cut off by the lady at the counter.

"Customer Suga! I have your small cup of black coffee, please come up to claim your order!" he dropped his shoulders and stood up to get his coffee. The boy sat back down in front of me and quietly slurped his coffee.

"So is Uyu your real name?" he asked. I wipe the corners of my mouth, slightly embarrassed [uyu means milk in Korean]   

"No I just didn't want to give my real name to the cashier, and that's the first thing that came to mind" I glanced down at his cup of black coffee, wanting to change topic

"It's funny that you call yourself Suga but don't have any in your coffee" I chuckled, looking up to Suga. The ends of his lips curled up, exposing his smile lines.

"You're cute, I've never heard anyone say that to me yet" I smiled, looking away from the grey haired boy as I feel my cheeks heat up.

Upon finishing half of my drink, I decided I would go head back to the dorm.

"I'm gonna go now, thanks for keeping me company" I smiled at Suga. 

"Bye Uyu"

"Bye Suga"

~

a/n:  hello my happy little pills! what do ya think? is it good? i'm not really sure about the Uyu part. is there a book out there with a girl named Uyu? or am i thinking of something else?

lmao please tell me, i would want to know. 

i'm also trying out a different style of writing, i hope it's okay! 

okay, you may continue reading.

~
a/n from the future: I wrote this book a while ago and decided to come back to it. Sorry for some cringe-y parts. I'll try my best to edit this mess. Tell me if you want more of this!