Chapter 2

hey guys! i updated today,

sorry it's so short

but ill keep updating!

~Lyre

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The biting wind chills me to the bone. I'm broke, homeless, and honestly, ready to give up. It's been three years, and I haven't been doing so great since I left. My only relatives left are my aunt and uncle, but because of my sucide note, they think I'm dead.

It's too dangerous to keep my real name, so I've changed it to Ara Collins, Ara, my sister, and Collins, my brother. It's a suspicious name that could be traced to my former self, but it'll do. I couldn't bear to leave my past completely behind, however horrid it may be.

The realization that I'm not Violet Evans anymore is hard to grasp, but then again, I've done many things that Violet Evans would never have dreamed of doing. For instince, I stowed away on a train to get to Chicago, where I currently live. And I began my career as a pickpocket. Phones, wallets, ipods, all so easily taken from people's pockets. I then sell them to Linda Sue, who in turn sells them on ebay.

But don't judge me. I do it to live.

Pickpocketing is no easy job, however. Sometimes, I'm caught, and I have to move out of the area for awhile.

And it's no use pickpocketing in a different area. How would I get my loot to Linda Sue?

Which is why I'm broke, freezing, and starving right now. I was caught, and now I have to lay low for awhile.

I find a trash can and begin rifling through it for something I can eat. I find a half-eaten sub and reluctantly take a bite.

Ugh. I hate eating garbage.