chapter 3

haha a few hours after i said ill upload soon, here i am uploading

hope you enjoy it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After three days without a bite to eat, I'm nearly starving to death. I head for St. Canal Street, near where I make my home and where Linda Sue lives. I know Linda Sue may not be a law follower, and definately not a great influence, but she's like what my mother used to be to me before she married Him.

Thinking about them makes my chest feel like white-hot knives are stabbing it repeatedly. I try to think about something else, but their names attack me: Ara, Collins, Eva, Maria, Rob...

And that one tiny word, those three little letters, were what finally pushed me over the edge.

I was sobbing so hard I had to slam my head against a lamp post to make myself stop.

The old pain fades with the extremety of the new pain, until only the slight afterpain lingers. I'm losing consciousness when the question fills my mind again:

"Why'd you leave me, Dad?"

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up in a dark, cold room. My left temple, where I hit my head, is throbbing painfully. Something wet and icy is perched on my forehead. I reach up and pull it into my view. A bag of ice. I press it against my wound and am sitting up when I here a familiar voice.

"You're an idiot. You know that, right?"

Linda Sue. Of course. Who else would care enough to bring me here?

"And you're an a-" I begin to say.

"Don't you dare say that word, or I'll wash your mouth out!"

"What? You cuss." I pointed out.

"Yeah, and when you're an adult, you can cuss to your heart's delight. But for now, you're young and innocent. Got it?"

I snorted and rolled my eyes. Innocent wasn't exactly a word that described me.

"Fine, you go ahead and laugh. You can go to Hell." but she's smiling too.

"I'm sorry, Linda Sue. About my head.."

"Sorry ain't gonna cut it, missy." she scolds.

"I'll get you 3 ipods," I offer as penence,"And a Droid."

"Now we're talking!" she said, handing me a $10 bill, "Now you go buy yourself some grub so you can get started."

"Thanks, Linda Sue."

"Yeah, sure. Now move your butt!"

"Yes mommy," I murmured as I walked out the door.