Chapter 1: Let's be Friends

Tmp. Tmp. Tmp.

You trudged through the school hallway, holding your textbooks close to your chest. You were greeted with a few "hello"s, accompanied with waving. You would nod in acknowledgment, before waving back.

(F/N) (L/N).

You weren't that popular, but you definitely weren't an outcast. You liked it that way. You had to admit, you weren't the most extroverted person out there, so you weren't too keen on making new friends.

Stopping in front of your locker, you entered your combination, unlocking your locker. You put the textbooks into the locker, switching them out for different colored folders. You shut your locker, locking it up again.

You turned around, only to be met face-to-face with blue-green eyes.

"Boo."

"ACK!"

Bam.

Surprised, you stepped backwards, your back hitting your locker. The beholder of the blue-green eyes laughed, scratching the back of their head.

"Sorry, (F/N)!"

"Screw you, Jeremy."

Jeremy Heere. A transfer student from a different school in a different state. You became his first friend at the school in the beginning of your current year, senior year. He was a bit bummed out about leaving behind a good friend, supposedly named Michael. Because Jeremy seemed a bit lonely, you decided to approach him. And surprisingly, he became your first and true close friend. All your other "friends" were just...people you talked to, really.

But Jeremy, you guys were always going to each other's houses, playing video games, talking; just best friend stuff.

You stared at him disapprovingly as he continued to laugh.

"Sorry, sorry. It was just too good of an opportunity!"

"Yeah, yeah..."

You sighed, walking past Jeremy, now clutching the folders. Jeremy paced a bit to catch up to you, walking by your side down the school hallway. He turned to look at you, a wide grin on his face.

"Hey, (F/N), did I ever tell you about the 'Squip' incident?"

"Yes, you have, Jeremy. Multiple times, might I add."

Ah, the 'Squip' incident. Jeremy had told you about how at his former school, a supercomputer, Squip, had implanted in his brain and told him what to do. Apparently, Jeremy had wanted to be more 'popular', so he heavily relied on this Squip. This, however, caused him to abandon his close friend Michael, as his Squip tried to take over the world by forcing Jeremy to 'squip' other students. In the end, however, Jeremy was able to stop the Squip and deactivate it.

It was...quite a story to say the least. And Jeremy talked about it. A lot. No surprise as it must have been a scarring experience for him, if it was really true.

Jeremy rolled his eyes.

"But dude, I swear. I haven't told you this part yet! Like, you know how I deactivated the Squip? I did it by-"

"...making Christine drink Mountain Dew Red. And then she screamed so loudly, it deactivated all the Squips, including yours."

"...I guess I do tell this story too much."

You tried to stifle a laugh, but failed miserably. Jeremy only rolled his eyes.

"Hey, (F/N). After school, you wanna come over to my place, and-"

"Watch it, 'stripes'!"

"A-Ah, I'm s-sorry-"

Thud.