Cat Flap

I stood staring around the laundry of my new house, the old rusted cat flap caught my attention, why put a cat flap in there when we had a dog? I wondered. I asked my parents on more then one occasion after that to remove it, but they said it was to much work and I'm glad they did because when I was 8 that cat flap became my best friend.

It was a rainy grey day in May and my Birthday was only two days away but I wasn't excited I was angry and frustrated at my year 3 teacher for yelling at me because I pressed to hard on my pencil when I wrote. What I wanted to do more then anything else was to stay outside with my dog, Chelsea I wanted to pat her and bury my face in her fur, I wanted to tell her how much I hated my teacher, but Mum said it was to cold and I should go inside and read a book to take my mind of it.

After I'd finished my homework and went to go to toilet I noticed the cat flap and and Idea formed in my head. Once I came out of the toilet I went and sat next to the cat flap and un did the the rusty latch, I then leaned as far down as possible and called "CHELSEA" In the loudest voice I could, I waited a bit and then I heard the familiar sound of Chelsea running down the wooden side walk outside. She cam to a haul right outside the laundry and I told her to lay and surprisingly she did, I slipped my hand through the flap and patted her head and told her everything, how bad my days was, how humiliated I felt when he yelled at me but most of all how much I'd missed her.

I soon began to take the cat flap for guaranteed and would often talk to Chelsea. So when the day came that I was told the house was getting knocked down I did what I always did ran to the cat flap and when I opened the hatch Chelsea was already laying there waiting for me, that day I cried when I talked to her, I cried and told her it was so unfair that I didn't get a say, I told her how much I hated Mum and Dad and she looked at me as if she understood me.

The day the house got knocked down Dad asked if we wanted anything from the house and I asked for the laundry key because that key was like the key to might heart and the key to my special bond with Chelsea. I will never forget that cat flap it will always remain in a special place in my heart for the years to come because that cat flap is what kept me from giving up when I felt like it.