18

18. The Sacrifice

Roni Quinn

I woke up with a killer headache not knowing what was going on. My vision was blurry and a could feel a slight breeze. When my vision cleared, I realized that I wasn't at WareHousE, but some other abandoned place. I would've been able to get up and find a way out, but I was tied to the chair. Before I had the chance to react, I heard some door open and saw this girl walking towards me.

She smiled. "Good you're awake."
"I was beginning to think that I gave you to big of a dose."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Liya. Liya Reed." She introduced.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"From you, nothing. But from your boyfriend however is a different story." Liya said.

"My boyfriend? You mean Dave?" I asked.

Liya smiled. "You think you know him, right? You think you know the kind of person he is. You don't know shit. The person you see is not the person you think he is. Deep down, he is a blood hungry monster who only cares about himself. What he has with you is only a front because he knows if you saw him, the real him that you wouldn't want him anymore. That you'll be disappointed in him. Disappointed in what you'll see."

"You don't know shit about what's going on with Dave and I." I said.

"You're right I don't. But I can't seem to understand why'd he want to be with someone like you." Liya said.

"Someone like me?" I questioned.

"I know girls like you. You were raised in the two parent household, you were a spoiled brat and everything was handed to you. So dating Dave is just a rouse to get a rise out of your family." Liya said. "Did I miss anything?"

"Yea, you forgot the part where everything you said was wrong." I said. "You don't even know me. You don't know anything about my life and what I've been through. You know nothing about what Dave and I share."

Liya crossed her arms and started to laugh. "You actually think he cares about you?"

"I know he does." I said.

"We'll have to see." Liya said as she began to walk away but stopped in her tracks and turned back around. "I almost forgot to leave you a reminder."

"What?" I questioned.

Liya didn't say anything and the next thing I knew she stabbed me in the leg with a knife. I screamed on the top of my lungs as I felt the pain piercing through my veins. I looked up at Liya who was smiling.

"We're gonna get along just fine." Liya said before leaving me.

I couldn't believe this was happening. I didn't sign up for this. I didn't know what was going to happen to me next, but I hope that Dave was figuring it out. I know he'll do whatever he can to save me, to make sure I'm safe.

Dave East

"That psychotic bitch!" Johnnie yelled.

"I know you're angry right now, but you have to focus." I said.

"Focus? Are you kidding me right now? Veronica is tied up somewhere and Liya is doing god knows what to her and you want me to focus." Johnnie said.