20

20. Changed ( Part Two )

Days Later

Roni Quinn

After staying in the hospital for a couple of days, I was finally able to leave. My wound was all healed and the doctors said that I was going to be fine. Dave was taking me to his house, because Lottie and Nasir were there and lord knows the things they're going to be doing. Plus, if I wasn't getting none myself I shouldn't be hearing it anyway. I put my jacket on and was all ready to go. As always making good timing, Dave appeared. I walked over to him and pressed me lips against his.

"Someone's glad to see me then?" Dave said.

"You have no idea. I've been stuck in the hospital for days and I just need some fresh air." I said.

"Well come on, we'll go over to my place and do whatever you want." Dave said.

"No. There's something I want to do before we go back to your place." I said.

"Name it." Dave said.

***

I still couldn't believe that it was here after all these years. Dave and I walked into Magik Tat hand in hand. I was amazed that after so many years that this place was still up and going. It's changed but it still felt familiar. It still felt like home.

"I never thought I'd see the day." I heard a familiar voice say.

I turned around to see Roe. She hasn't changed a bit since I last saw her.

"Veronica Quinn, here in a tattoo shop." Roe said.

I smiled. "Hey Roe."
I pulled her into a quick hug. "How you been?"

"I've been good. Girl you look good after all these years." Roe said.

"You too, you too." I said. "You running things now?"

"Of course. Dad passed away 3 years ago and someone had to take over." Roe said.

"Yea. You gotta do what you gotta do." I said.

"I heard about Lola. I'm so sorry, she was one of the best people I know." Roe said.

"Thanks Roe, I appreciate that." I said.

The awkward tension built soon after, but once emotions were gone it was time to get down to business. "Enough of the emotional shit, what can I do for you?" Roe asked.

"I want a change, something knew." I said.

"Ok, do you know what you want?" Roe asked.

I nodded. "Not really."

I saw this sketch on the wall and immediately liked this photo. I grabbed the picture taking it over to Roe before taking over my pants and sat in the chair. Roe looked at the picture and smiled preparing the utensils. I looked over at Dave who looked a little confused on what was going on, but it'll have to wait.

Dave East

I didn't know what was going on with Veronica. Now all of a sudden she wants to get a tattoo without question. I sat in the chair and waited for Veronica to be done. She's been through a lot in the past couple of days. Veronica needs to be home resting but instead she was doing too much all at one time. I'm starting to get worried about her.