Part 1 of 7

Waking up on the middle of the day made the boy's head pounds. It is not his usual time to wake up, but on that particular day his body is taking the toll of having three jobs in one day and it's just a good thing that it's his day off.

He's living with his grandmother and aunt before. His grandmother died from old age and he was left with his aunt but then she got married, she moved in to her husband's house.

Since his parents died from an accident his grandma took him under her care and now his aunt, though she got married she still wants to take him with them but he refused for he doesn't want to intrude more in their married life and he's old enough to be on his own anyway.

His parents left him with nothing but a small amount of money in the bank, enough for his living but not for his college expenses; he also kept his father's necklace as a memorabilia of his lovely parents which he always wear and a picture of him with his grandmother. Now he's living in a small apartment, enough for one person, and near his three part time jobs.

He takes the advil and walks to his small kitchen to drink some water. After a while, his headache subsides. He rummages in his kitchen cabinet for some instant noodles to cook but it turns out that his supplies had run out. Sighing, he goes back to his bed and checks his wallet on the side table. Good I still have enough money, then he prepares to leave.

****

While checking some strawberries in the fruit section an old woman accidentally and slightly bumps him with her cart.

"Oh sorry child, My hands are not strong enough to control this cart and it's front wheels seems to be rusted because I'm having a hard time turning it."

"No It's okay ma'am" the boy nods in respect to the old lady.

"Well then excuse me." The old lady says and tries to push her cart again and he can see that she's really struggling.

Why does this market doesn't check their cart? Poor lady. The boy strides beside the old woman, "Uhm, Can I help you with that?" he suggests while smiling at the lady.

"Why thank you child, but it's okay, I don't want to bother you." The old lady refuses and give him a sweet smile, reminding him of his late grandmother.

"No I insist ma'am. Please let me help you." He took a hold on one side of the handle.

"Alright. Thank you." Said the lady tapping his shoulder lightly. "Your very kind child. It's rare to see young man like you helping out older people. Your parents are lucky." She smiles again.

"Thank you ma'am, but it's nothing. I always help my parents and grandmother when they're still alive so it's not new to me and I'm glad I could help." He said smiling a little.

"Oh poor child. Sorry, I didn't know-"

"It's okay ma'am, It's not your fault. I'm fine." His smile gets a little wider that makes the old lady nods in understanding.

After buying their groceries the old lady invites him for some snack. He refuses the offer but the old lady doesn't take NO for an answer. So he ends up sitting in a café near the market with the lady. The café looks so comfy and the aroma of the coffee and sweets mix up in the air making him feel relaxed.

"By the way child, what is your name?" the old lady sips her coffee.

"Kyungsoo, ma'am. Do Kyungsoo." He bows slightly in respect.

Do? The old lady didn't say a word for a minute. "Do Kyungsoo, such a lovely name."

"Uhm, thank you ma'am." He doesn't know why but that made his cheeks felt warm. He doesn't know how to respond when someone compliments him because it doesn't happen all the time, so he just hangs his head low to hide his blush. She just met the old woman not an hour ago but he feel comfortable with her already. She's just like his grandmother. He raises his hand to pick up the fork but his clumsiness made it fell on the ground. In panic, he bends down under the table to takes the fallen fork and when he was about to stand up his necklace got stuck in one of the buttons in the side of his shorts at the knee making him hiss when it pulls his neck. Damn it, that hurts!