Conception

I stood and watched as Hawkeye bonded with her fire dragon which she named Blaze. I glanced over at the other eggs which were beginning to hatch

"You never did say how the dragon bonded with me?"

I chuckled "a dragon tirant mate can bond with a dragon egg without too much difficulty" Dar and Rai walked in and tended to the other eggs. I sighed "Dar, Rai why don't you explore the grounds? The eggs will be fine here" they glanced at eachother before nodding and walking out "can they speak?" "Telepathically, i'm trying to get them to speak" Blaze walked towards the furnace "what-?" "Relax, she's tired" Hawkeye stood up and kissed me "glad we got the bonding out of the way" i laughed "three weeks sweetheart, faster than any other dragon tirant" we walked out and into the garden "so, when will we conceive this child?" I rubbed the back of my neck as we walked along the rose bushes "well, actually it's already begun. Conception typically happens during bonding, i can't tell right now if you are pregnant but there is a high chance" we stopped and sat on a bench overlooking the estate "and if i'm not?" I smirked "keep at it i suppose" she shoved me playfully "pervert" "you love me" i looked over at the entrance to the patio where Ruby and the King stood "i still think we should tell him" i shook my head "too soon" Hawkeye stood up "can you show me this prophecy?" I stood up and shook my head "i'm afraid not, I only know so much and my father was against telling me the full thing" i walked away with her trailing behind me.

Once we reached the fields i spotted Dar and Rai in their dragon forms playing. I smiled warmly at them "considering the fact that they are nearly adults they still act like kids" multiple  loud bangs sounded and i saw Rai getting hit

"Rai!"

I sprinted towards the two dragons and fell to my knees as I saw multiple bullet hole on Rai's chest. Dar had landed beside him and was gently nuzzeling her brother. Ruby and the king approached us "what happened?" I was busy tending to Rai's wounds trying to keep my friend alive "a group of people were targeting the dragons" "i have to get him to the furnace room, it's the only chance he has" with help of Hawkeye and Dar we carried him into the furnace room and laid him in front of the fire. Blaze had walked over to her older brother and looked at the wounds, she purred sadly at Hawkeye. She bent down beside me "Yokai, there isn't anything we can do" my hands were covered in his blood, i felt a wetness on my cheek. I had lost my best friend.