Maya's Death

Maya was the love of Emily's life. Before Paige or even Alison, there was Maya. They're's was an epic love story. Emily came out and finally told her mom she was gay with Maya's help. She finally felt like herself with Maya as the love of her life. Or she was supposed to be.

Emily was told the story of what happened from the police, but what she didn't know was the real story. The one that Aria and Hanna had been holding on to since high school.

Yes there was some truth to the original story about Maya's death.

How Nate St.Germaine aka Lyndon James supposedly killed Maya. Then Emily supposedly killed Nate. But just as he laid dying, he used his last bit of strength to grab a gun, it had been dropped on the floor by Caleb. Once he reached for it he immediately shot him.

But this is the real story:

Maya struggled with drug addiction. She was sent off to numerous rehabilitation outdoor camps and rehab centers but none seemed to help.

No one knew the truth.

But Aria and Hanna did.

About a week before Maya's death she was sent to Radley Sanitarium.

After everything her parents tried rehab, outdoor camps, counselors, therapists everything you can think of. They felt Radley was there last option.

Maya was locked into her room at Radley to where she couldn't escape.

Bars over her windows, locks on every drawer, and a pad lock outside her room.

But this wasn't a room, it was a prison cell.

It at least felt like one.

It had a bed, a nightstand, a desk with a chair, and a small bathroom with a door that didn't lock.

She had to wear a paper gown with slippers and sleep on a worn out twin bed with only a sheet.

Maya never thought it would end, until one day it did.

One day a young boy Maya had known from a sober camp came to visit her.

His name was Lyndon James.

"Hi." He said to her from behind the metal bars.

"Hi." She replied coldly, while sitting on the bed gripping the sheets.

"I'm sorry your here."

"Your the reason I'm here." She whispered with anger in her voice.

"I know, and I'm sorry."

"You planted drugs in my bag for my doctors to find."

"Yes."

"Just so you could get the all clear and live your life again."

"Please, not just a life. I've been living the high life." He says and winks.

She rolled her eyes at his stupid joke, while fighting her urge to choke him to death.

"Yeah, you get your stupid get out of jail free card. While I'm locked up in here."