Toughen up

One hour left and first day of training will be over. Then I can go home and take care of my leg.

"Ok guys. Last part of training, we're gonna climb the ropes." Natsu said releasing the ropes from the ceiling.

Everyone grabbed onto their rope and Natsu blew his whistle. Everyone started climbing super fast. I wasn't half bad either.

"Last person down has to do push-ups!" I hear him yell.

Oh god push ups. I started climbing as fast as I could. I got to the top but I saw the guy with black spiky hair was already down.
Crud I gotta hurry! I touched the ceiling and started scooching down the rope.

Oh no heights again...
My arms and legs started trembling and I could feel my eyes becomes fuller with tears. I was halfway down about ten feet left.

I was very slow and almost last but obviously this guy next to me was slower. I could see his frustration.

We made eye contact and he shook my rope which made me grab tighter as he got to the floor making me last. But I didn't go down.

"Lucy c'mon! Get down now we're waiting! LUCY?? LUCY!"

"IM NOT COMING DOWN!" I screamed with tears rolling down my cheeks.

I hear Natsu grumble under his breath as he climbs up the rope next to me.
"LUCY WHATRE YOU DOING?! YOU HAVE TO TOUGHEN UP!" He yelled in my face.

I looked up at him and his face softened like when Lisanna came earlier.
"Lucy..are you...are you crying?"
I felt so weak as he asked me that.
"MAYBE I AM. BUT YOU TELLING ME TO TOUGHEN UP ISNT HELPING!" I started sliding down the rope because my palms were sweaty and nervous.
I had a feeling of relief until my hands suddenly gave up on me and I landed hard on the floor again.
This time on my floor burn. Now there's a rope burn on it.

Natsu came over to me and wiped my cheeks with his long fingers. It was embarrassing that everyone was watching me be a baby.

"I'm..im going to get a band aid." I said walking away with my bleeding leg.

Natsu told everyone that they could leave. Then he walked up to me.

"Uh..um..I swear the first aid kit was in here." I said looking behind the bleachers.
I found the white kit and grabbed it with relief.
Natsu came over with a wet paper towel and started dabbing it on my thigh.

"Natsu it's ok I can do it myself."
I said looking down.
"Maybe you can. But I wanna do it for you." He wrapped the band aid tape around my leg and helped me stand up.

"Was today too hard for you?" He asked politely. I still felt like he was making fun of me.

"No...it was fine. I just don't like being up high for too long." I hid my face so he didn't see me cry.
"Well I think you did a great job today." He said stroking my hair.
"You really think so?" I asked. Oh god he's gonna say no.

"Yea. Maybe if you keep this up I'll consider making you part of the team even if you lose. But not captain obviously. That's my job."
He gave me a stink eye and I laughed a little.
"Well I'm gonna go home now. When's the next training?"
"Don't go yet Lucy...."
I blushed. "What..why?"

"CUZ YOU STILL NEED TO DO PUSH-UPS! GET DOWN AND GIVE ME TWENTY!" He yelled. But it wasn't a stern yell. It was as if he's having fun.
I like it when he sounds happy.