Soft (PruCan)

Matthew Williams. Gilbert couldn't exactly describe how much the name honestly meant to him. Matthew was always there for him, even if no one else was - it didn't matter if he was quiet, it made him a good listener. It didn't matter if he was lonely, it made him like Gilbert's company even more. The two felt lucky that they had met each other, because the other always understood like no one else seemed to be able to.
Despite being usually loud, Gilbert found a way to quieten himself around Matthew. As hard as it was to do so since Matthew left plenty of room for him to speak - loud and clear and, well, awesome like normally. Yet around him, Gilbert couldn't find the words to speak loud and clear and awesome. The most he could manage without feeling like he was embarrassing himself was normal and slightly clear and totally unawesome. When Matthew spoke though, his soft voice could rival just about any sound the fallen nation had heard before. Not the sound of victory, not the sound of dogs barking (he shared Ludwig's love for Blackie, Berlitz, and Aster very much), nothing could compare to the sweetness Matthew managed to capture in just one sentence. One word. The quiet spoken words, the softness he said them with - it was amazing, really. And when he spoke in French? Even better.
Matthew's eyes were captivating as well. The way they reflected the sunlight, which gave them a slightly blue hint, was beautiful. Gilbert knew that out of everything, his eyes were probably his favorite feature of Matthew. The shade of purple suited him well - it was just as pretty as the sky at sunset, and twice as breathtaking. In many ways, Matthew was prettier than the sky at any time of day to Gilbert, hands down.
The way his eyes sparkled whenever he smiled or got excited was like stars. The cute, nerdy look his glasses gave him (whether he wished to admit or not) was absolutely adorable to Gilbert. His wavy hair went perfectly with everything about it, and it was softer than anything he'd ever felt before. Matthew, in general, was soft and cute and just perfect. Awesome, even. Gilbert had a weakness for cute things and Matthew was just that.