Motivation (PruCan)

Sad. Why so many sad ones?

It felt like his world was crumbling slowly. Nothing really seemed to have a meaning - he was made to conquer. Gilbert felt like the only thing he could conquer now was his breakfast, if even that much. Motivation came in short bursts and never lasted long.
Gilbert had moved in with Ludwig, and technically, he was now East Germany. He was still a nation, or at least part of one, wasn't he? So why did he feel so unneeded and useless? Being Prussia was an amazing feeling, it made him feel important. He felt needed, wanted, and if nothing else, somewhat admired. Why had he let it go? Why didn't he think for a moment?
Matthew had noticed his drop in mood lately, knowing something was up. It happened quite often since the fall of Prussia - Gilbert just didn't seem like himself anymore. He didn't like it, not one bit. He couldn't stand to see the disappointed look on Gilbert's face, the loss of...purpose he seemed have. It just wasn't him and Matthew wanted to change that.
Although he didn't feel like he used to most of the time, one thing always seemed to cheer up Gilbert. That was Matthew. Matthew's calming way of speaking, the look in his eyes when he looked at him, his gentle touch, his soft hair and cute smile, it all made Gilbert feel like himself again. He still had something left for him, and he didn't think it was going to leave him any time soon.