Chapter 2: Homecoming

Lillie's POV. 4 Hours earlier....

I walked into Bill's lab with the components he asked for the previous day. As I walked in, I noticed my mother was still laying on the couch next to the TV, while Bill was tinkering with the machine he was using to remove Ultra Beast remnants.

Bill looked at me as I walked in. "Oh welcome back Lillie. Did you pick up the parts I ordered?"

I layed the parts on the table next to him. He picks them up and examines them. "Ahh. This will do nicely. Thank you Lillie. Now that we have these parts, I can strengthen the Machine to Create a deeper pull on the remaining fragments."

I go and set down my bag. "That sounds wonderful. Do you think this should be enough in order to fully remove the remaining remnants from her?" I say hopefully.

He looks towards me with a smile. "Yes I believe it should be enough. However, it will take her a few weeks to fully recover from the effects of the Machine. So there is really nothing more you can do for the next several weeks."

I look towards him. "Are you sure I can't help anymore?" I didn't want to feel usless while my mother is still trying to recover.

He shook his head. "I am sorry Lillie. But for now, or at least until she recovers, you can go visit some friends if you really want to."

As soon as he said that, Sun immediately popped into my mind. I haven't been back to Alola since I left and I haven't talked to him or anyone back there since nearly 8 months ago. Maybe I should go back to Alola and see him...

I walk over to my mother, who happens to be watching a news special on the Lake of Rage. "How are you feeling right now?" I ask her.

"It doesn't hurt so much anymore, but I still have trouble standing by myself." She says softly. I can tell she still is feeling the effects from the machine. "Lillie, are you thinking about going to Alola to visit everyone again?"

I tried to dodge the question. "You just worry about getting better. You will be back to normal in no time." As I turn to go make dinner, I feel something grab my hand.

"Don't avoid my question Lillie. I heard you talking to Bill. If you want to go visit them again, then go. I know you are dying to see him again after an entire year."

My face starts to feel warm as I once again, attempt to avoid her accusation. "Oh you mean Hau?" She laughs at my comment. "Oh Lillie. You know who I am talking about. After what you have told me about your adventures, as well as how Sun has been with you through all of this, I know you love him. After all, I am your mother. I can read you like a book."

My face turns Rose Red, but I couldn't deny her. After all, how could I forget the one who helped me without any hesitation. I still remember that smile that always brightened up my day. "Ok. You caught me. I do miss him and I wish he was with me right now."

"Then go to him Lillie. After all, I can't go anywhere for the next several weeks. I'm not against it." She smiled at me.

"Thank you so much mother." I then went to go help Bill make dinner.

The next day...

I make sure I have all my stuff before I decided to enter the boat. Now that I am a pokemon trainer, I have to always make sure I have my pokemon and some pokeballs on hand.

I hear a last call for a ride to Alola, and I enter the boat with a bit of a dejavu feeling. I remember when I was leaving Alola that I just couldn't stop waving back. But now I can finally go back to the place I've missed for so long.

As I watch the boat move away from Vermillion City, I can't help but think about Sun and how I can finally see him after such a long year...

Back on Alola....