Separated

Azalea's POV

"Welcome to the annual Test Ceremony! Please follow your Test administrators," Announced the Overseer of the Emerald District. Obediently, the hundreds of 13 year olds turned to their individual administrators to lead them where they needed to go. Hazel glanced worriedly at me and I forced a smile. We would pass. Right? I shook away the thought and followed Ander, my administrator, into a small room with a huge glass screen. He sat me in the chair and attached a ton of wires to my arms and left the room. Something was calling my name. Something orange. I think. Everything was going blurry and sounds were getting mixed up. Gonna die. Gonna die. Gonna die. Everything went black.

~ ~ ~ ~

I jolted awake and found myself in the testing room again. Ander smiled at me and said, "You did great. Better than most people I've seen." Confused, I replied, "But I didn't do anything!" He shook his head, helped me out of the chair and explained, "We can tell a lot about you from the way your brain acts when you are unconscious. At least, thats what the Crown believes." Still dizzy, I stumbled out of the room and onto the courtyard. Other people were also coming out of their testing rooms looking dazed and confused. Hazel was nowhere to be seen. The screens outside each testing room began lighting up with people's scores. The perfect score was 500 and to pass you had to get at least a 300. Cries of despair mingled with joyful shouts as people saw their scores. My screen was still blank. Finally, my score appeared. 496. Only 4 points away from perfect?! I laughed loudly and pointed wildly at my score. "496! Where's my sister? I have to tell her!" I raced home, anxious to see how Hazel's score compared. I'm sure she did just as good. I'm sure.

----------------------------------------------

How does it look? Comment, vote, follow!

Love,

Ashlyn