twelve

Y/N POV

I am not looking forward to today at all, today we put my grandfather to rest. All of the family is at my house and we're waiting for the funeral home people to come pick us up. On days like today I would love to be under the influence of some drugs but I don't even want that right now. I just want this day to be over as soon as possible.

Lauren and Camila have been at the house almost everyday leading up to the funeral. Everybody back in Texas has been calling and checking on me every chance they get, especially Joey. But Normani's been my greatest support system throughout this whole ordeal. I never knew that someone could have my back the way that Normani does. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better girlfriend.

I had a bit of a rough morning so I'm still getting dressed even though the family car will be here any minute. Normani's already don't getting dressed and she looks beautiful in her little black dress. I'm trying to button the buttons on my shirt but I can't do it it because my hands are shaking so bad. Going through withdrawals and being upset isn't a good combination.

"Let me help you Y/N." Normani said.

"It's fine I got it babe." I said.

Normani walked over to me and placed her hand on chest. "Let me help Y/N." She said.

Normani buttoned up my shirt and even tied my neck tie for me. She helped me up on my blazer. She took the lint brush and ran it over my outfit just to make sure there weren't any pieces on me.

"You look handsome." Normani said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Remember I'm gonna be right by your side okay." Y/N said

"I know." I said.

Normani kissed me on the cheek and grabbed her clutch. When we walked down the stairs the funeral home people had just pulled up. I shocked to see my father walking around with , I didn't think he was strong enough but clearly I was wrong. We got into the cars and headed to the church. I had butterflies floating around in my stomach the entire car ride. I didn't eat much for breakfast so I knew that was half of the problem but the other half was because I was nervous.

Funerals just make me feel all types of way and not good ways either. All the sad music and crying just gets on my nerves.

"You alright son?" Dad asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said.

When the car pulled up to the church the butterflies in my stomach got worse. We got out of the car and lined up outside. We slowly began walking in the church and part of me wanted to go outside but there was no going back at this point. Seeing my grandfather laid up in that casket was hard. My grandfather was a good man, a better man than my father that's for sure. I couldn't look at my grandfather much longer so I went and sat down.

Normani and I took our seats and waited for the rest of the family to come in. I looked at the program and there were some pretty nice pictures in there. They're were some really nice pictures of me and my grandpa together.

But there was some pictures that really caught my eye. There was a picture of my dad standing next to his twin brother who I've never heard about. Then there was a picture of me sitting on my grandpa's while he was holding another child in his arms. I don't know if it was a cousin or whoever but I was kinda curious as to who this kid was. Best believe I'm gonna find out who these people are.

The funeral was okay I guess. There's not much I can say about that. Now it's time for the hard part, going to the gravesite. My family and I sat by the grave and we waited for the rest of my family to come come outside. Nothing had taken place yet but my dad was already crying.