Chapter 7: The truth will set you free.

When I saw her standing there my heart stopped. She was pale as I never saw her before. She sensed my sight pinned on her, she picked her head up looking for the stalker: me. I turned around in a panic but my dad stopped me from running. I turned back and Jane had already removed her sunglasses and had her eyes fixed on me.

My stomach turned a million times when I saw her green eyes. Her eyes were red from crying and I could see the pain and anger almost personify once she looked at me. Without noticing I was already walking to her. Once I got close I did not know what to do.

-Jane...- My heart was beating fast and the pain I felt was almost unbearable. I felt the burn on my cheek after Jane slapped me and I could not say anything, I wasn't expecting that. Everyone was looking at us but I just hugged her, as hard as I could. She tried to push me, and hit me trying to get away but she was weak at the moment.- I'm so, so sorry.- I whispered in her ear and she started crying burying her fingers on my back.

- I hate you...- She said with a weak voice while holding onto me burying her face in my neck.

- I know.- I caressed her back until she felt better and stopped crying. Her boyfriend was looking intrigued and didn't stop looking at us.

- I can't believe she's gone, Alex.- I felt chills on my spine when I heard my name coming from her mouth. It killed me to see her like this. She had her eyes on me for a while, I think I was starting to breath heavily cause my heart was beating very hard.

She grabbed my hand and I almost froze to her touch, it felt so good to feel her, yet, so bitter knowing that she was being touched by another. It wasn't because she was pulling me to her bedroom I would have left in that instant.

- So...- She sat on her bed. It brought memories out, of when we would fuck in her room with adrenaline rushing trying not to get busted, just that warmed my body up and I felt my toes tingle.- What are you doing here?- She was tired, I could hear it in her broken voice.

- I don't know... I just...

- You just finally decided to show up after more than two years? - Her words outed pain, but it made me a bid angry that she would be mad at me. Wasn't I the one who was supposed to be mad?

- Last time I checked, you were the one running away. Without giving any explanation.- She stood up and looked at me angrily, her face was red and she got really close to me.

- Not like you tried to reach me at any point.- She argued with her hand crossed.

- Not like you gave me much time before you were locking lips with the jackass out there.- She frowned and sat without saying anything for a while.

- I'm sorry, Alex. - Her tears started flowing down her cheeks and my knees weakened.

- I'm sorry too, shouldn't have come.- I sat down not knowing what to say and she grabbed my hand.

- I needed you, I really did. - She stared at me and I didn't know what to think. Maybe the time we spent away wasn't as easy for her as I though, even though she got over me. I tried to smile but an awkward expression came out instead. I was trying really hard to ignore her hand locked with mine but it was nearly impossible.

- Why did you leave me?- I needed her to answer the question now that she brought it up. I thought I would just offer my condolences and leave. But with Jane nothing was simple.

- Remember the vacation in Cancun?- I nodded and she sighed.- Before we went there I had auditioned to this series (I guess you know which one at this point) and signed a contract. I was not to have a relationship for a year...- She stopped looking at me to know how I was taking it. I honestly had a mix of emotions, I was relieved a some point but also angry and hurt.- At first I thought of telling you to be my friend meanwhile...to wait for me, you know?- She looked down as if she was ashamed. I could not stop the tears from falling down my face. "Why didn't she tell me?"- But I could not do that to you. The last thing I wanted was to hurt you.- She looked at me quietly and I just let out a sigh.