After//chp.8

Taylor pov

Saturday July 16, 2017

We stared heading towards Austins, I was feeling a little better, I didn't feel as nervous, now I had Jack and Wyatt. Well at least I think Jack was my friend, he didn't really talk to me, it was kind of the other way around. So I'm not sure if he is actually my friend, or if he just felt it was awkward, and that was the only reason he talked to me, but I'm going to just go with it.

•skip car ride•

When we pulled up Austins house was basically a mansion.

"Wow, you were smart having him as a friend," I said nudging Wyatt.

"Haha, funny," he said sarcastically

"No but seriously does he really live here?"

"Yea, his dad is a neurosurgeon and his mom is a lawyer, and they're never home, so we throw the most killer parties."

I cringe at the thought of a party, I absolutely HATE parties, I never understood the reason, it's just a bunch of drunk sweaty teenagers jumping around a house, and I can't imagine having to clean up after one.

"Ug, I hate parties."

"What! How can you hate parties, your a teenage girl!"

"I don't understand the point, they look absolutely boring"

"Well, not our parties."

I just rolled my eyes and hopped out of the car and followed behind Wyatt into the massive house. When we walked in, there was a huge chandelier hanging from the foyer, as if to say, "this chandelier alone is probably worth more than your whole life, be intimidated."

We just kept walking we went up 2 flights of stairs, and walked down a super long hallway, and then took a left, and there everyone sat, on a oversized sectional, brooke and Austin, hannah and Blake, then Jack on one end by himself, and Roz on the other, Wyatt immediately went and sat by Roz, and I just stood their for a second before Jack made eye contact with me and motioned for me to come sit by him, I'm not gonna lie, I was really hoping he would, because I didn't want to be awkward and go sit by Wyatt and Roz.

When I sat down I looked around at the room I'm guessing this was the game room, because every game console you could imagine was on this huge entertainment center, hooked up to an at least 70 inch TV. And if you looked to the right, their was a pool table, ping pong table, a foose ball table, and an air hockey table all in a neat arrangement.

"So what do you guys want to do?" Austin asked

"Pool" Hannah and Brooke said at the same time.

"Sounds good to me," Wyatt said

"Okay girls go change in the beige room, and we'll go change in my room," Austin said

All the girls walked out, and I just followed like a lost puppy.

"Hey Roz," I said tapping her shoulder

"Oh hey Tay, I forgot you were here," she said laughing

"Yea, um well we're about to go swimming, and I don't have a bathing suit."

"Oh it's fine, the beige room is basically the girls room, one day we went shopping, and all the clothes we bought, we put them in that room, so when we leave, we take some clothes and we leave some."

I nodded my head and said cool, and we kept walking.That's actually a really smart idea, I used to do that at Weston's house, I would just leave clothes over at his house all the time, and he would do the same for my house. Man, I really miss him:(

We walked back down one of the flights of stairs, and then took a left and walked down another long hallway, then about 3/4 of the way down, we took a right and ended up in a room with beige walls, which is why I'm guessing they call it the beige room. Then
The girls walked over to a big vanity and all pulled out swim suits. Roz motioned me to come over and get one.

"Here, you can pick any of these," she said handing my three. All three of them were bikinis, which made me stress out, because I'm really insecure.

The first one I tried on was white with fish net at the top, it was cute, but I didn't like it

The second one I tried on was ruffled at the top, and was a mix of beautiful pastel colors

The last one I tried on was just plain Navy, with white trim

I decided I would just stick to the pastel ruffled one, when I walked out of the bathroom the other girls were already changed into their swim suits

"Finally! Come on!" Roz said grabbing my hand and dragging me along behind the other girls.

"Jack will love that on you," she said gesturing towards my swim suit.

I looked at her with wide eyes
"Why would it matter what jack thinks of it?" I asked quickly

"I know you like him," she said whispering in my ear.

"No I don't like him, I just met him li-"

"It's okay Taylor he likes you too."

I just thought about it for a second, maybe I do like Jack a little bit

A/N 5 votes for next chapter

Word count:903