Epilogue

i looked at the test in disbelief. it's been more than three months  and we didn't think to use protection it didn't occur to us and it was only once. i wasn't scared i was just surprised. he stuck by me this whole time anyway.

"mommy?" toby wandered in and i wiped my wet cheeks clean, i sniffled and hugged him.

"hey baby." he looked up at me. "mommy why are you crying?" i shook my head, it was good news right? even if the relationship started to decline when he started having his late nights again and he refuses to talk to me about anything.

"where's daddy?" i asked him and he told me. i took him to his play room and went to find tony.

"anthony." i called him.

"i remember when there was a time when you called me anything but anthony." he said and smiled but it didn't look right. it looked force. it didn't feel right, none of this.

"i'm preg-"

"i think we should see other-"

"crap!" he said at the same time.

"forget i said anything." i said and went to toby slamming the door as i went by.

i could do this by myself i didn't need him for this whole past year when he's been getting drunk off his face.

- - -

"listen, i know i sound like a total dick but hear me out now. please." he crawled into bed.

he got closer to me, he caresses my hair and drags his fingers up and down my arms until he finally gathers the courage to speak.

"i have something to tell you, and i'm so sorry i didn't tell you before. i was just so fucking scared babe. i swear. i didn't want it to go this way. not that far."

i looked at him in confusion.

"i'm terminal."

i looked at him and shook my head.

"no your not babe. don't joke about this shit, i'm serious. if you cheated then fucking fine. but don't lie. don't lie about this. please tell me your lying." i started crying.

"i am sick. and it's why i've been going out a lot more. i had a family and i was so fucking scared of you having to depend on me and the next minute i'm gone. forever. leaving you alone with a kid- fuck 2 kids even."

i just shook my head in disbelief at him. "i can't believe you'd let it get this fucking bad, why wouldn't you tell me. i thought you loved me."

"i do, believe me i do." and i did believe him but i was hurt.

"babe look at me."

i looked him in the eyes. "if you are terminal do you realise how much fucking precious time you had wasted not only for me, fuck me i don't matter anymore. what about your fucking son. c'mon tony. what the fuck."

"i know and i'm sorry, i'll make it up to you both now." that night we talked and snuggled.

- - -

"it's a girl." we looked at each other, he had the biggest dorkiest stupid grin on his face.

"angel?" we both said at the same time.

"i like Evangeline." he said firmly. i smiled at him.

- - -
3 years later

i felt her little fingers grip my one finger tighter with every step we took. toby in the other side, he was biting his bottom lip.

she dropped the flowers on his grave, and cried. she reached down and hugged his gravestone that's when me and toby lost it. we bawled and toby took my hand pulled it up to the grave stone.

we all had a palm on the gravestone we all said a little.

"forever & always, love you always " - toby

"baby i know your not suffering anymore and you deserve the world at your feet and much more. your life was short lived and we had a moment or two but i still managed to love you through it all."  - avery

"i love you daddy, it's your little angel, love you always and forever. i'll ask God to take good care of you don't worry, i think i'm his favourite anyway. you always said i was your favourite but made me not to tell mommy. your my favourite just don't tell God otherwise he might not listen to me." Evangeline

Avery bawled harder towards the end of Evangeline's speech they all cuddled and sat around while avery told them their love story.

"your daddy was really bad at texting. it all started when he tried to tell me his name."

"what did he say it was mommy?"

"toes, to be honest kids i don't think there was ever a moment where your father was actually sane..."

they all laughed and smiled up at the clouds hoping his watching them somewhere up there, just to let him know they're doing good, not great but getting there.

- - -

T H E E N D

i also have a new fanfic up it's a instagram story and it's also completed so ya'll won't be annoyed at my schedule. so go check it out. ily guys 🔑.