pants baby

"luke, are you ready?" michael called.

"yeah." luke said, looking at his outfit in the mirror. he wore black jeans with a plain black shirt and converse.

he started walking down the stairs, and michael looked up at luke.

"hey, are you okay?" michael asked. he knows things were a little tense from the discussion last night, but something was off.

"yeah. i just don't feel good today." luke whispered, tucking himself under michael's arm.

michael sat his phone and keys down, and hugged luke tightly.

he rubbed his back, and luke laid down on michael's shoulder.

"do we need to just stay home today?" michael asked.

"no. we've had to cancel every date we've planned this month. i want to go." luke said, standing up straight.

"okay." michael said, kissing luke's forehead before picking his stuff back up.

luke sat his phone on the counter, and grabbed michael's, setting it beside his.

"what are you doing?" michael
asked.

"i wanna leave our phones here. we don't need them. they will just be a distraction." luke said softly.

"luke, i love you for that, but i kind of have to have mine incase my boss calls me." michael said, putting his back into his pocket.

"okay." luke said softly, and walked outside with michael.

they walked down the street for a few minutes until they got to the park in their gated neighborhood.

"michael, i love you." luke said softly.

"i love you, baby."

luke held onto michael's arm, and laid on his shoulder as they walked.

michael's phone vibrated once, five minutes after they got to the park. after that, the small box in michael's hands got more attention than luke did.

luke let go of michael's arm, and walked beside the older boy who was typing away.

he didn't notice as luke stopped walking, and sat down on a bench. he continued to walk the same pace, and luke just looked down at his knees.

michael kept walking, not even realizing luke wasn't beside him anymore.

"this spot taken?" he heard.

luke looked up and saw a brunette boy.

luke shook his head softly, and looked back down.

"you looked sad, and i just wanted to make sure everything was okay." he said, and luke looked over at him. "i'm harry, by the way."

"you're harry styles. wow." luke said, smiling a little bit.

"that's me. what's your name?" he asked.

"i'm luke.." he said, and smiled a little. "i'm okay. my boyfriend is kind of being a jerk right now, but other than that i'm okay."

"i'm sorry. is it that bad?" he asked

"i stopped walking with him and he didn't even notice because he was too focused on his phone. i understand that he is busy, but we are supposed to be on a date. " luke mumbled, kicking his foot against the ground.

"well, i have a joke that will cheer you up." harry said, and luke laughed, looking over at harry.

"why are you laughing? i haven't even told you the joke yet!" harry laughed, causing luke to giggle again.

"i don't know!" luke laughed, and smiled brightly.

"okay. here it is-"

"luke?" they heard.

luke looked up and saw michael standing there with an unreadable expression on his face.

"hi, mikey. this is-"

"let's go." he muttered.

luke looked over to harry and shrugged before saying bye.

he walked back home with michael, and the older boy didn't say one word.

"michael, can we t-"

"shut up." michael mumbled.

"michael, i need t-"

"luke stop it! just go." michael said, turning to luke.

luke didn't move. he just crossed his arms, and looked at michael, his face turning angry.

"you're mad at me." luke said.

"yeah i'm mad-"

"why? because you were on your phone our entire date and didn't even realize when i wasn't beside you?! because i talked to a boy that wasn't you because you wouldn't even look at me on our date?!"

"you're just pissed because i won't marry you." michael spat.

"you didn't have to say that." luke said quietly, and felt his eyes fill up with tears as michael glared at him.

"i don't understand what the issue is, luke."

"of course you don't. you give me a credit card and tell me to go buy whatever i want just so you don't have to pay attention to me, or so you can work. you're never home to see what's going on." luke told him, and wiped his eyes.

"what is it that i'm allegedly not seeing?! that you crave attention?!" michael asked loudly.

"i crave your attention, michael! i miss how you used to treat me. i miss that so much." luke cried.

"stop living in the past. look where we're at luke!"

"i know, and i am beyond grateful, and i love everything you have given me, but i don't want any of it if you're not going to be here to share it with me." luke said.

"i'm right here! it's not like i purposefully try to make you feel like i'm not here for you. i've worked my ass of to give you the world, luke!"

"you're my world, michael! not some big house or expensive clothes. you're all that i want." luke said.

"luke-"

"michael, i miss you."

"i'm right here. youre dramatizing this whole situation."

"michael, i miss you."

"shut up, luke."