intro.

The Chronicles of Aida Sickler

Alienation is completely normal. If you constantly need to be surrounded by people in order to feel good about yourself, you've adapted to one of the worst social concepts ever. I say this because the people in your life; outside of your family and close family friends won't always be there. You are born alone and you die alone. There's a problem if you cannot be by yourself for days at a time.

Maybe I am just an introvert. Actually, there's no maybe. I undeniably am an introvert and I don't necessarily love it, but I am content with it. Though I have brought this upon myself, and though it can certainly be changed, I decide not to "help" myself by surrounding myself with people. In the end, if you let too many people in, they take advantage of you and use you when you're beneficial. When they use you for these reasons, you get hurt. I don't deal with pain well. So in order to not set myself up for disappointment, my small group of friends are the pen and journal under my pillow.

My name is Aida Sickler. Pretty generic. There might be an Aida in your geometry class or in your art class who keeps to herself and seems invisible whether she's actually there or not. But she might crack a joke now and then, and a certain person will laugh, but when her name is called for attendance, people question if she's even in the class. That's me. And again, I have no problem with it. Don't associate being an introvert with having no friends, because I certainly do. Not many to the point where I have something planned every weekend, but every once in a while I'll go out with a certain friend that doesn't find my presence extremely revolting or awkward.

I don't use the word "friend" lightly. For example, someone might consider me their friend but me not consider them one. I do this because while they're considering me a friend, the shit running from their mouth is so unbearable that it's hard for me to take them seriously. I hope you get my point. If you don't, that's completely fine.

Anyway, this intro is becoming way too long for my liking. I'm only here to tell you a story, and a story doesn't begin with a long and irrelevant description about how much I hate spending time with people. It begins with a simple summary of how I've become the person I am today. And there isn't a lot, my parents didn't pass when I was younger, a traumatic experience hasn't happened for me yet, and I am pretty content with my life as stated before.

Just when I thought my life was going smoothly, this one fucking guy had to come and ruin it.

And by ruin it, I mean make me fall in love with his dumbass.