Chapter 16

Eren's POV

I got up from bed. Still feeling shitty. My headache has gone away but not from my heart.

I got dressed. Plain red shirt, jeans, and converse. I wonder if Mikasa has woken up yet.
Not knowing who I am still...

I went down stairs, and my mom and dad where there waiting. They grabbed my shoulder before I left the house.

"Eren..." they both said with concern.

"Yeah..?" Looking at them both.

"You know we are here for you, it is a very situation," my mother said.

"Of course I know that, I just need more time. Alright?" I told them. They looked at each other, sighed, and nodded.

"We will respect your space, Eren, come to us when you are ready, okay?" my father said.

"I will. Thank you, now if you excuse me. Ill be going to the hospital... to visit..." I stopped myself before I could cry again. "Bye." I left the house as quickly as I can, to avoid continuing the conversation. 

I kept my gaze down. But something caught my eye. Through the glass, there was a displace of this diamond ring shaped as a heart. It looked so beautiful. I needed to get it for Mikasa.

I went into the jewelry store and asked the woman behind the counter how much the ring costed.

"It will cost 290,070 yen, sir," she responded. I pulled out 300,000 yen out of my wallet. She was surprised since I took out a lot of money, didn't expect that much.

"My dad is a doctor..." I explained to her. She just nodded, gave me my change back, and the ring. "Go give that to your lucky girl." She winked and left to help another customer.

I did what she told me, as I planned.

10 minutes later I arrived to the hospital, I asked the nurse if Mikasa was still awake.

"Not yet. Do you want to go in there and wait till she does?" The nurse asked me nicely.

I was shocked. "Yes, thank you," I smiled, for the first time.

"Of course, I know how much she means to you." She smiled, "Now go on before I change my mind" she laughed. And I did.

I opened the door quietly and shut it. She looked peaceful. I walked up closer to see her more clearly and saw that she was hugging the red scarf I gave her. That brought tears to my eyes.

I slowly went down and kissed her forehead. Softly.  As I pulled back, I saw her eyes flutter open. She saw me standing there and blushed.

"Hey, how do you feel?"  I asked her.

"Fine, thank you," she smiled shyly.

"Sorry, I acted crazy yesterday.. I just went mad, I guess," I was embarrassed.

"Its fine," i grabbed her hand and placed the small box on her palm.

"Here this is for you, I thought you might like it." I said, nervous.

She opened and had a little gasp. She pulled out the small ring, "I love it, thank you so much!" She huge a smile plastered on her face. The smile I was waiting for. And that brought my old smile back. She put the ring on her finger still gazing at it.

"I'm glad you love it," I replied.

The doctor came in and she said, "Good news Mikasa Ackerman you can leave the hospital, you can just change and you can leave with this young man." She turned to me. "Boyfriend I'm assuming?" I nodded, "Well you better take good care of her and try to regain her memory as soon as possible."

....

What does she think I'm doing? Taking my own damn time?

The doctor left and I soon followed to let Mikasa  change into her regular clothes.

She came out 2 minutes later, she had green sweater, jeans, converse, and her red scarf wrapped neatly around her necks.

"Are you ready?" I asked her.

"Yes, Im ready," Mikasa replied.

"Alright," I held out my hand to Mikasa, "Lets go home."

She looked at my hand and back to my face. Mikasa smiled and grabbed it, "Lets go home."

We walked out the hospital doors together.

Yes another chapter done, I hope you liked this. More happier. Vote comment, see you in the next chapter! Byee