Bitter Sweets

It had been two weeks since I had officially moved to England, the cold, cloudy weather was nothing like the scorching heat of Australia, the place I call home. My mother was offered a job opportunity that had led us to England, I always wanted to live in England but now that I am here I prefer home, its where my friends are. My room was finally finished, everything was put into place and all of my photos were placed perfectly on my turquoise walls. I started school tomorrow at Trident high, i was going to be in grade 9.

"honey, can you go to the shop to pick up some sugar, we seem to have run out." My mother yelled from the bottom of the long windy staircase.

"SURE, CAN I TAKE MY BIKE?" I grabbed my key for my bike lock and my phone, shoving my headphones on I hopped down the stairs. I was wearing an oversized hoodie and a pair of washed out skinny jeans, My dark red hair was tied up in a perfect messy bun.

"okay, heres some cash, bring the change." She handed me the money as I slipped my ugh boots on, It was the beginning of winter and a thin layer of ice was starting to form on the pathway. I hopped on my baby blue 90's bike and rode to the store that was only a block away from my house. Locking my bike to the pole I started singing Teenage dirtbag;

Her name is Noel,

And I had a dream about her,

She rings my bell,

Got gym class in half an hour,

but she doesn't know who I am,

and she doesn't give a damn about me-

"You know, I made a cover of that song." A boy stood next to me with a sparkling white smile on his face, his bright blue eyes and dark hair looked familliar?

"you scared me, I'm Ender." The boy laughed as I said my name, wait a minuet- "ASA BUTTERFIELD!" I half yelled and whispered at the same time after figuring out who he was.

"Thats me, sorry I startled you." I think I may have scared him.

"sorry, I'm not one of those scream crazy fans, I kind if had a mental blank and yeah, you get where I am coming from?" i giggled realising how stupid I must have looked.

"Yeah, mental blanks suck, especially when you are trying to act." we walked down the aisles together talking.

"I have always wanted to be an actor, or a singer." I couldn't reach the sugar and Asa ended up getting it down for me.

"well, I just happen to need a person to play an extra in a movie?" he raised an eyebrow at me.

"cool, what movie?" I was excited because I was talking to the person who inspired my dream, his role in Hugo amazed me.

"Enders game, thats why I laughed."

"Wait, what? My mum named me after the main character in the book, she loved them when she was younger." I pulled out my phone an checked the time. "Shiz, I should probably get going."

"One second, here hand me your phone for a sec." I handed Asa my phone and he put his number in and he took a stupid picture.

"Whats this for?" I asked slightly confused.

"In-case you want that acting job, call me later and please do not post that photo anywhere, anyway bye." He walked out, damn I wanted to post that photo on Instagram to show all my friends back home, I really missed them. I payed for the sugar and went home.

It was getting late and I decided to go to sleep, I climbed into my warm bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was tired and I needed rest if I was going to wake up on time for school tomorrow.