👑 Chapter 17 - Heights

*Jessica*

I took a deep breath as I stepped out of the car.

To say I'm nervous is an understatement, and I wish it would be because of the fact that I'm going to be leaving Margret even for a short while, or that this is my first time in another state or even on a plane, or that I'm going to be spending time with my biological father.

I wish it were that, but really its not even close.

"Jessie, are you going to tell them, or do I have to?" Jackson huffed.

I looked at him and groaned, knowing what he was talking about, as Jake and Inna had weird looks on their face.

"What's going on?" Jake asked.

"Jackson, don't," I said nervously, earning more confusion

"Oh, I think its like that twin telepathy thing," Inna said.

"Ohh," Jake said silently. "I never understood that."

Inna shrugged as then Margret spoke.

"Oh god, how could I forget?" She groaned.

"What's wrong?" Inna asked curiously.

I took a deep breath. Guess its best I tell him. He is my dad after all.

"I have a fear of heights," I sighed, looking down in shame.

"Oh," Jake said in understanding.

"Jessica never liked heights like tall buildings, planes, etc," Margret said.

"No, no, I get it. Actually used to have the same problem as a kid," Jake said before taking my hand and pulling aside.

"I've never been on a plane before either, its just making it worse," I said.

"Hey, look at me," he said, gently placing his hands on my shoulders. "This flight may feel like it'll drag on, but trust me its quick. Wanna know a trick that helped me a little bit back then?"

I looked up at him and nodded.

"Sit away from the window. It sounds like it doesn't do much, but at least that way, you won't see the ground get farther and farther away," he shrugged.

"It sounds a bit better actually," I said.

"If anything, I also have some pills that I take to help me sleep during the flight," Inna said. "They're safe, unless you're allergic to certain medication."

"No, I'm not. Thank you, though, they might help," I nodded.

We made our way into the airport and checked in before they soon called our flight.

I took a deep breath and faced Margret.

"This isn't goodbye," she smiled, placing her hands on our shoulders.

I held back tears as we pulled each other into a hug. "It feels like it, though...."

"You two will be back soon," she said. "And we're just a phone call or video call away."

I nodded as she gave me a final hug before pulling back to hug Jack and I hugged John.

"Both of you be good, alright?" He said.

I nodded as then Jackson hugged him.

"Take care of them, alright?" Margret told Inna and Jake.

"They are in good hands," Inna nodded assuringly.

"And we will call you all of anything happens," Jake said. "Thank you so much for your hospitality."

"Its nothing. You're always welcomed back whenever," Margret smiled as she hugged Inna and then shook hands with Jake.

"You'll bring Jacky and Jessie back, will you Mister Jake?" Zoey asked as she tugged at Jake's jacket.

He laughed and knelt down to her level. "Absolutely. And, I'll bring you back that souviner I promised."

She smiled happily and hugged Jake, who laughed and hugged her back.

Soon it was time to board and we said our last farewells before boarding the plane.

I hope things turn out okay.

~~~~~

Kind of short. But at least I updated.

Note: I won't be able to update tomorrow (Sunday, July 2nd), since I will be at Vans Warped Tour all day. Just letting everyone know.🎶

Also, on another topic:

You can all tell me what you want but...

THAT is a BRUISE on his eye.

Yeah, it could be lighting and the B&W filther, but even with that you can still see the different coloring shades of the bruise and if the lighting, his other eye would also have EVEN A LITTLE BIT of a shadow to it, but it doesn't.

The light is directly coming from behind him and you can see that shiner clear as day, as well as people who recently met him saying it was covered with make up.

He could have been in a fight, yeah, who knows.... OR a certain damned spouse smacked him around again!

Honestly, why the hell do people continue to defend that god awful woman and refuse to see the kind of person she is??????

🎹Currently in Sapph's playlist:

The Script
"If You Could See Me Now"

♡~ sapphire.