Mike Wheeler - 2 : Fireworks

"I never should have loved you Wheeler. Then, maybe it wouldn't be so hard to stop."

-

"Mike?" I walk downstairs and see him talking with Eleven. I immediately feel jealous and I bite down on my lip.

"Hey Y/N." He says and waves at me without taking his eyes off El. I've had a crush on Mike for 8 years, no wait, I had a crush on Mike for 2 years, then I fell in love with him. I thought he maybe had a crush on me too, that is, until El came along. Now, she's all he talks about.
I sat with the two of them and just listened to them talk. They put no effort into including me in the conversation.

"I'll be right back." I say as I sigh and walk upstairs. I couldn't stand being ignored so I just needed to go upstairs and figure out a way to get myself into their conversation.
Once I walked back downstairs, my plan was no longer needed. As I walked down everything started to slow down as I watched Mike lean in and kiss El. The whole world felt as if it had stopped spinning and I started to feel dizzy. I turned around and ran out the front door, slamming it behind me. My brain couldn't figure out whether to be mad or sad. Tears streamed down my face and blurred my vision and I ran. I ran all the way to the cliff. I walked to the edge and looked over, holding my breath.

Mike's pov

I leaned in and kissed El but, I felt nothing. Everything felt numb. No fireworks, no butterflies, nothing. I pulled away and saw El's face light up and I smiled even though I wasn't happy at all. I heard the front door slam and I looked up towards the stairs but El's hand guided my face back to her again.

Her smile dropped after she saw my face. She must be able to tell that I didn't feel anything because she sighed and looked at her feet.

"It's ok." She says after a few seconds, "I didn't feel it either."

"I have to go." I said suddenly standing. Y/N had just run out of the house. She must have seen everything. I ran outside and grabbed my bike and sped down the street towards the lake, where she always was when she was sad. I really thought El was going to be the one. But she wasn't. She was a distraction. From Y/N.
When I arrived at the lake I didn't see her anywhere, until I looked up. She was standing at the edge of the ledge, looking down into the water. I panicked and grabbed my bike, I took the shortest trail to the top of the cliff so I could stop whatever was about to happen.

Y/N pov

I couldn't do it. I just couldn't. I sat at the ledge and cried. It was the only thing I could do to keep myself sane. All of my emotions came pouring out of me. I walked over to the Boulder that was along the trails edge and leaned against it while I sat and cried my heart out.

"Shhhhh." I hear a voice say from above me as a light hand rubs my back. Once my tears slow down I look up from my hands and see Mike with his arms wrapped around me.

"Oh, hi Mike." I manage to choke out but I hear him giggle. "What?" I ask.

"You said that so calmly." I could hear that he was also crying. I laugh a little too and look to his face. His eyes were red and puffy and he looked upset.

"Why did you come out here?" I ask, "Don't you want to be with El?"

"So, you did see that." He said, his voice sounded sad.

"Yeah." I say flatly with tears welling up in my eyes again.

"Look Y/N," He took a deep breath in, "I came out here because I don't really like El like that. I used her as a distraction from the girl I actually fell in love with so many years ago."

"Who?" I said, now the tears were threatening to spill over. I should've known Mike was eyeing some other girl all this time.

"You." He said as he used his hand to guide my face towards his so I could look into his eyes. I felt butterflies in my stomach and a smile rose onto my face. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I launched myself towards him and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck. We topple over so Mike is on the ground and I'm on top of him. I feel fireworks going off in my head as we kiss. When we pull apart, Mike is smiling wide.

"I could get used to this." He says looking at our current position of me straddling him.

"Shut up." I say punching him in the shoulder playfully.

"Make m-" I cut him off by kissing him. "Well played Y/N, well played."

-

A/N

why does someone/everyone always end up crying in my fanfiction. I'm gonna try to not have that happen in the next one. Also sorry it's so short.