Chapter 4- Fear of the Past

*FLASHBACK*

It was my 12th birthday and I chose to spend it with my best friend Edward. His father is the Alpha of the Silver Moon pack which is one of the biggest pack throughout all the 7 dimensions, and Edward at this time was only 13 when terror broke loose within our dimension.

We were playing the princess and the frog and of course, he was playing the frog, when I was about to kiss him on the cheek to turn him into a handsome prince I heard a loud 'BOM!' sound that went off.

Because of how loud the sound was, my left ear started to bleed, I didn't even realize that it was bleeding until Edward tore a piece of his favourite shirt that was made from cotton just to help the bleeding to stop.

That's when I looked up, the entire sky began to darken with smoke, I became traumatized, stuck and lost in my thought wondering what could cause something like this to happen. I felt someone tugging on my arm "Come on Athena we have to get you to safety," I nodded my head and followed behind him.

We walked for what felt like hours, our feet were sore and tired, I couldn't go any further, "Can we just take a break please, I'm too tired to continue the walk back to Helix," I whined for the hundredth time.

We made a stop behind a huge tree, Hekate once told me that the tree was magical, it was the heart of the whole forest, and if this tree goes the whole forest would die. It was very beautiful and it was weird that the whole forest would depend on this piece of tree. Edward must have seen me looking at the tree with wondering eyes, almost reading my mind. He touched a big root that I was sitting on.

"My grandfather told me that this is the first tree that was planted over a hundred years ago, and then soon it bloomed as time went by it grew bigger encouraging other plants to lives, and other insects and animals to live and grow, everything in the forest depends on each other, but this tree is the heart of the forest, it is what holds the forest together without this tree the forest would just wither away and die." He says breaking it down for me, I looked up at the tree again when I heard a 'whoosh' sound, blowing my thick curly hair over my shoulder.

I knew there was some war going on but I didn't know who, until I saw three Trolls creeping from behind the shadows of the trees, their faces were lop sided, numerous bumps covered there faces, their backs were hunched, and they were about 12 inches tall. I felt Edward pull me behind him,"Edward I'm scared." I whispered in his ear.

"So you're the Alphas son, we've been hearing about, I kind of expected to see someone better looking and older," I heard Edward scoff.

"As if you're one to talk, now if you excuse me today is my best friend's birthday, and I would like to bring her home in one piece," Edward says, while walking slowly looking at each of them to see if they would attack.

"Grog, I wonder what she tastes like." My heart skipped a beat, and my grip on Edward tighten as we tried to walk slowly, so they wouldn't notice.

"Merk, I heard they taste like chicken." He looked on the third one. "Turk just one taste please, I promise this time I'll leave the head for you," Edward tugged on my hand pulling me away from them slowly since as they were so deep in their conversation and we increased in speed.

"Turk look our dinner is getting away!" I heard one of the trolls shout. I was running like my life depended on it, which it literally did.

I could hear their thuds getting louder, but at that time I was so clumsy, I tripped over a stone and hurt my ankle and I tried to hold back my scream of pain. Edward lifted me up in bridal style and pulled me behind some huge leaves so we would be hidden from the trolls. When they finally reached where we were, they slowed down.

''Guys do you smell that? It's blood and it's still warm." I got a little nervous and started to hyperventilate, now noticing that my knee was bleeding, Edward covered my mouth and pulled us back a little further behind a tree and covered us with more leaves.

I could hear them trying to walk lightly when Turk pulled back some of the leaves that we were hiding behind. I heard one of them sigh out of frustration and said, "Come let us get back to his fathers' pack house so we can finally eat some food, even though I don't like the taste of mongrel meat, I guess they'll do for now."

I could hear them walking away, Edward waited a couple minutes before we finally move, "Come let's get you back to Helix." He said, pulling me onto his back.

"Um... Edward?" I said calling his name in a question.

"Yes... What are you going to ask me little one?" He said while he smiles down at me.

"I didn't know Helix was this far away from you, how do you always get to my home so quickly whenever I call out to you?" Hekate was always the one who transported me to where he was and came back for me when it was starting to get dark, but I did know the journey was this long. 

He starts to chuckle."Wanna know why?" He says while I nodded hesitantly. "Pinky promise you won't run away scared?" He asks me, I nodded and pinky promised him. He set me down slowly trying his best not to hurt my throbbing knee and ankle.

He went behind a tree and took off his clothing and then the most beautiful thing happened before my eyes he transformed into a beautiful white wolf with a brown patch under his belly.

He went for his clothes and brought it to me and when I took it out of his muzzle he gestured for me to climb on. I held onto him as we sprinted off towards my parents' castle. The wind blew throw my hair and prickled my skin, regardless of the creatures that were released to cause terror in our lands, I didn't allow it to interfere with an experience of a lifetime.

Edward grabbed the clothes and ran behind a tree and got dressed, when he was finished he told me he had to leave but before he did he kissed me on the cheek and said, "I wish I could have made your birthday a little better." I stood and watched him vanished away into the forest before Hekate appeared through a portal to bring me to my room where I would be protected. 

---End of Flashback---

That was the last time I had seen his fur and his beautiful hazel eyes. I didn't realize that I was crying, until I felt the tear roll down my cheek, "word spread throughout our dimension and the seven other that he was kidnapped, but it has been years I thought... I thought he was dead."

"That doesn't make any sense if you guys grew up together why did he seem so, dark?" She looks up at me with her grey-blue eyes filled with worry. 

"I don't know, but I have a bad feeling about this," I swallowed hard, as I sat there thinking about what was next to come.