Chapter 15

I snuck inside my front door. Dean close behind me as I slowly locked the door trying to keep silent. We both squealed like babies in fear as the light turned on. I shot round to see both my parents stood at the kitchen counter eyeing me and Dean up suspiciously. "You didn't come home last night" My mom said sternly. I heard Dean gulp hard when my dad looked Dean up and down. Both my parents seemed annoyed but more confused. "This isn't what it looks like" I told them both. My dad burst out laughing at my reaction making us all look back at him confused. "Where we're you? We was both worried sick!" my mom snapped. "You was worried sick. I am more concerned about the man with her" My dad corrected my mom. Her attention turned back to us. Both of us stood like little kids in trouble as we didn't say a word. "It's my fault. She stayed at my house last night" Dean admitted. My moms eyes went wide as my dad continued to sip his coffee. "Don't tell me you...!" She shrieked. "No mom! We didn't do...that" I lowered into a whisper feeling rather embarrassed. "You should tell them" Dean told me quietly making both my parents look up at me. "Which part?" I whispered back. Both of them could hear us. "All of it!" He panicked seeing them watching us closely. "Tell us what exactly?" My mom said annoyed. I stepped in closer. Making sure the counter kept Dean a safe distance from my parents. "This is Dean, my boyfriend" I told them both. My dad eyed him briefly turning back to his newspaper on the kitchen counter. My mom gasped in shock. "I hope this day would never come" I mom continued. "Mom! Listen to me." I looked back at Dean who didn't give much support as he hid behind me. He remembered how protective my mom was of me. "That boy, from years ago. Well, Dean confirmed he is him" My parents both looked at Dean in shock. Their eyes came back to each other in disbelief then back at Dean again. "Hi" Dean shyly waved, keeping behind me just in case. "Now that I can see him fully, he does look like him honey" My dad told my mom as he dropped the newspaper fully. "Mom, are you ok?" I asked as she gawped, jaw wide at Dean. "I really appreciate all you both did for me. The baths, feeding me. The clean clothes that day" My mom gasped, knowing I had no idea about all that part. "It is you!" She stood to her feet rushing round to Dean. Taking his arms in her hands she stood him in front of her to check him over fully. "Wow! You've grown so much! Honey just look at him!" My mom urged my dad. "Yeah, he has changed" My dad agreed going back to his paper. He wasn't one to make a fuss even if someone had died. 

My mom made Dean explain everything. It took two hours of questioning as I went upstairs to get showered and changed. I made sure to wear an outfit Chez had given me. Low cut skinny jeans with my usual converse. A black see through shirt with a vest underneath which hung off my shoulder. Today was warmer. I wanted to enjoy the heat rather than wearing my usual hoody. I headed down stairs once my hair and makeup was done. They was all talking and laughing like the time gap never happened. "You ready to go?" Dean asked me. I nodded yes as I grabbed my bag. "I'm so glad he's the one you have been hanging out with. I trust Dean" My mom gushed as Dean stood to his feet. Well that went well. "Right, I'll be home later" I told them as we headed for the door. Just as we was about to step outside I notice my dad grabbed Dean's arm. His face serious as he looked Dean square in the eyes. "That girl is my princess, she will always be my princess. If anything ever happens to her and it's your fault! I will hunt you down and gut you alive. Got it?!" I froze hearing my dad speak harshly for the first time in my life. He was always so chill. "Yes sir!" Dean quickly agreed. My dad released his grip and dusted down where he had Dean in a death grip seconds before. "Good. Have fun you two" My dad smiled going back to his usual self. We quickly exited the door. Closing it Dean sighed out and rushed down my path as I followed him. "Your dad is scary" He told me. "I've never seen him act that way before" I told him in reply. I couldn't help but giggle at Dean's panic. As we walked to meet the others I thought over the letter again. When Dean grabbed a shower I had read today's events then. 

Nothing much happening today. Have fun at the bbq. Make sure you and Seth talk and that's about it. 

That was all it said. Different to usual but I was happy I didn't have to worry about anything. Dean took my hand, guiding me at a leisurely pace till we reached Seth's house. I was glad he invited us. Maybe he would let go of the anger with me and Dean from now on. We let ourselves in to hear the music blaring. Nobody was inside. I knew they would be all out back. I led Dean through the house till the back patio doors we're in view. Holding Dean's hand I stepped outside to everyone smiling as Chez rushed to hug me. "I thought you was never going to make it" She told me. That was my parents fault. Questioning Dean. I forgot to get ready until I saw the time. "Hey Lucy" Courtney waved as her and Ro danced to the music further down the garden. I looked around to see many people I recognised from the wrestling academy. I saw some girls with a few of the guys and the one Dean had wrestled. He fist pumped Dean as we passed him. Dean held my hand tightly, showing everyone he was with me. A small girl like me could bag a muscular gorgeous guy like Dean. It felt amazing in that moment. "Hey Seth" I said as we got to where he was stood. His eyes dropped to our hands but he ignored that fact as he smiled at me. Relieved I leaned into a hug with him then watched as he fist pumped Dean. "Your both together then? Officially?" He asked. "Yeah, we are" I smiled happily as I looked up at Dean. His attention was taken to someone else who was talking to him. "I'm sorry about before" Seth told me. I shook my head no raising my hand to his arm. "It's ok. You was just worried about me. Still besties?" I playfully asked. Seth laughed but it seemed bitter sweet. It was like he wasn't happy but was faking it as he watched me and Dean hand in hand. "You want a drink?" Dean asked me. "Yeah, a beer" I told him as I released his hand so he could go get me said drink. I turned back to Seth who sipped his beer watching Dean walk away. He didn't like it, I could tell. "So, what have you been up to?" I asked. "Nothing much. I have spent the last week just working" I knew he was lying. He had been around Chez for most of the last week.