Chapter 29

"I don't understand why our memories are not changing any further" I exclaimed as I looked down at my dinner. Seth shrugged as he watched me. "Do you think there is a chance that the past us will have a different future to us now? That they will have a different outcome?" I asked, pain filling my eyes as I waited for Seth's reply. "Well, yeah. I do think that's the case. It would mean they are now in a parallel to us. That would be why our memories are not changing. I nodded as I continued to eat. Feeling baby Dean kick I rested my hand over my bump to feel him fully. "Is he doing it again?" Seth smiled as he got up to come across to me. "Yeah, he's real strong" I laughed lightly. Seth knelt down beside me placing his hand next to mine. His eyes lighting up when Dean kicked him full force. We both laughed as he stayed there, his eyes settling on me as Dean wiggled about more. "As much as I'm sad that Dean isn't with us now, I'm glad nothing has changed between us. I'm glad our baby hasn't vanished like we worried at the start" I admitted to Seth. It did hurt knowing Dean wasn't here. But as much as that hurt it would hurt more keeping my memories of what was now but having a different reality. I loved Seth, I loved our son. "You explained some memories that did change, but you never told me if your memory of that night changed" Seth told me wanting me to explain more than what I already had. I sadly looked down where his hand sat on my belly. Placing my hand over his I thought back to my second memory of that night. The first being the original and the second being what was now our reality but not necessarily the past Lucy's. Just knowing at some point our reality broke away from theirs gave me some hope he could be saved still. If not for us for them. 

"I forgot the date after losing the letter. After that final argument we had I was scared any day could be THE day. I would go to his house repeatedly, checking in on him but he would never answer the door. I had to be a creep and sneak to the window to make sure he was still alive. I left every day not knowing if he would just kill himself when I wasn't there to stop him. It was horrible" I explained. Seth stayed silent as he waited for me to continue. "That night I was with Chez and Courtney at the bar. I usually didn't hear my phone when I got a text while out. By chance I was outside in the beer garden when I got the text from him. I still remember it. Exactly as he wrote it. "I'm so sorry. I love you. Please forgive me". I immediately ran out of the bar and for his house. I was trying to call him as I ran there but he wasn't picking up. It was when I just got outside the door to bang it down I heard the gunshot. I was too late" I sobbed placing my hand against my lips. Seth reached up to stroke my hair with a sad expression. "Compared to the first memory that's more..." he started, sighing out when he couldn't find the words. "Painful" I finished off. "In a way the first memory could be worse. He didn't text me, he had nobody check on him. At least in the second he knew I was coming round. He knew I cared. He knew somebody cared about him" I sobbed further as Seth pulled me into his arms and held me. "Hopefully things will be different for them. Your smart Lucy, past you who has a different path won't make the mistakes we have. She will stop his suicide. I promise you that" I nodded as he pressed his lips to my forehead. Closing my eyes as I let him calm me with that small gesture. 

"I lost the letter before because it fell out of my bag into the lake. Do you think that will happen to past me?" I asked him as he started to clear the table. "I don't know. Didn't that memory appear right after the last change? If we are right then it won't exactly be the Lucy who received the letters future" I thought deeply, thinking over how something so simple could change for her. "I hope she hasn't lost the letter. I honestly hoping nothing happens to it otherwise Dean won't be saved" I sighed out as I stood to my feet. Seth moved around the table towards me again, his hand resting on my arm to comfort me. I placed a kiss to his lips then leaned into his body. "If you don't feel up to your birthday plans tomorrow, we can always do something else" Seth suggested. I shook my head no as I looked at him again. "It's tradition, one that Dean started. I wouldn't miss a year of it.

A/N

A short one again guys. Once again a flash to the future Lucy who wrote the letter. Anyways if you are enjoying this book so far please vote and/or comment. I appreciate all readers who are silent or not but I really would like to know if everyone is actually enjoying this so far. I would also really appreciate some follows if you like this as I have other books about Dean and some other random famous people. Anyways please enjoy the next chapter when it comes out. Thanks again for the reads :)