{•Oneshot #1•}

[Hermione confesses her feelings to (Y/n) after many years of waiting.]

Hermione hurried down the crowded corridors of Hogwarts Castle after her last class was dismissed, deciding to skip lunch and instead head for the library

Hermione hurried down the crowded corridors of Hogwarts Castle after her last class was dismissed, deciding to skip lunch and instead head for the library. When she got to her destination, she threw open the doors and hastily placed her things on a vacant table, whilst receiving a hiss of annoyance from the librarian Madam Pince.

Hermione ignored the librarian's warning and headed to the back of the library, and began to browse the shelves for a book that might help her. Although she had already checked out many books and done some research with Muggle novels on the topic as well, Hermione still wanted to make sure she did everything perfectly.

The bookworm plucked a few books she thought would provide her with some pointers, and made her way back to the table where she dropped off her things. She picked up her things and newfound books and headed to Madam Pince's desk where she handed them in to check out. The librarian looked questioningly at Hermione's book choice.

"Confession of a Witch's Heart? What are you doing checking this out, dear? I assure you this is not a sappy love novel if you were looking for one. I honestly don't believe that we have books like this here." Madam Pince said sourly.

"Oh yes, I know it's not a love novel, I need it for a few, pointers." Hermione admitted embarrassed.

The librarian sighed in understanding and proceeded to check out Hermione's books. When she finished, Hermione rushed toward the doors of the library.

"Oh, dear wait!" The librarian called after her. Hermione turned her head to show she was listening. "If I were you, I would use a book to tell me how I should present my feelings for someone, just go up and do it, as long as it's honest and from the heart, you'll do fine." The old lady gave Hermione a warm smile. "Now run along. I'd guess you have a lot of reading to do before lunch ends." Hermione burst back out of the library doors, and again receiving an angry yell from Madam Pince.

'Confess my feelings so straight forward like that? No, I wouldn't be accepted like that, it's too bold. Oh, what am I to do?' Hermione thought worriedly as she made her way to the Great Hall. She placed her books into her book bag and made her way to the Gryffindor Table. Ron and Harry were already there, saving a vacant seat for Hermione.

"Where 'ave you been?" Ron asked through a mouthful of food.

Hermione looked at him with disgust while giving him a hesitant reply.

"Just doing some research before we go to class." Then Hermione began to pile food onto her plate.

"What kind of research?" Ron pried, after swallowing his mouthful of mashed potatoes.

"Oh, just shut up and eat your potatoes, Ronald." Hermione snapped back.

Ron gave Harry a confused look."What, was it something I said?"