Chapter 1 - The Second Miracle

Family. Something I had searched for my entire life. Growing up in foster care, I had never known what it felt like to be loved, especially by people you considered family. Until I met the Mikaelsons.

I knew our meeting wasn't by accident. The decisions I had made ever since my foster parents kicked me out after I triggered my werewolf curse had led to one place. Mystic Falls.

It was there I met him. The man who would change my life forever. Klaus Mikaelson.

Despite my initial dislike of him due to his reputation, I was drawn to him and we formed an unexpected connection. This connection grew after we conceived our daughter, Hope. When she was born, I died and became a hybrid and my feelings for Klaus became more intense. I had fallen in love with him.

My love for Klaus had often put me at odds with everyone else around me. Elijah, who I cared about deeply, my brother Jackson and my best friend Hayley. Even when I was condemned with the Crescent Curse by Dahlia and he refused to release me because of the magical link I shared with Jackson, who Klaus wanted to punish for trying to take Hope, I never stopped loving him.

Klaus hid his feelings for me for a long time before finally confessing his love for me. At last, I had everything I ever wanted and then in the blink of an eye, it was taken from me. My brother Jackson was killed right in front of me, which severed the magical link we shared and had an adverse effect on my humanity, then a prophecy endangered the lives of the people I considered my family.

With his siblings all suffering different fatal afflictions, Klaus decided to sacrifice his freedom to save them and I had spent the next five years looking for a cure for each of them while raising Hope. I was successful in getting my family back but our happiness didn't last long because it was once again threatened by an unkillable evil called The Hollow.

We fought hard to find a way to defeat her, the only solution was to divide her spirit and imprison it inside Klaus, Kol, Rebekah and Elijah. The Mikaelson siblings were forced to abandon their vow of 'Always and forever' to protect Hope from the entity who sought her power and I had to leave behind everything I love. My home. My family. My husband.

~*~*~

I was standing on the porch of our new home in Mystic Falls, watching the sunrise as I imagined what could have been if we had been successful in killing The Hollow. Klaus and I would be on our honeymoon right now.

AU

In a hotel room in Sicily, I stood on the balcony and looked at the beautiful ocean view in front of me. The white sheet covering my body billowed in the wind and a content smile graced my features. I heard Klaus walk up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist as he kissed my cheek.

"Good morning, love," Klaus murmured in my ear, making my smile grow wide. "I woke up to find my wife had escaped our bed."

I chuckled, softly. "You know, I'll never get used to that."

"Well, luckily, I have an eternity to help you become accustomed to it," Klaus told me.

I sighed. "It's so beautiful here. I feel like I can stay here forever."

"Just say the words and I will make it so," Klaus told me.

I turned around to face him. "Mr. Mikaelson, are you trying to woo me?"

Klaus smirked, still holding me close. "I don't need to. You're already mine, Mrs. Mikaelson. Or is it Chase-Mikaelson?"

I looked at him, thoughtfully. "Chase is the name of a man who did nothing but treat me like crap and I don't want to be connected to him anymore. I am Nina Mikaelson."